backmarker

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backmarker

Reaction score
Hi Backmarker here,

I have a 13 hp4 standard. I am in Perth Western Australia. I have been adding bits and pieces to the bike for a while now.

HP rear sets, Giles tooling clutch lever, Brembo 19rcs master cylinder, 520 superlight conversion -1+2, brembo z04 pads, 2d front link, hid high and low headlights

I normaly run a pirelli sc1 sc2 combo, have the rear suspension raised with the offset blocks, front forks raised 4 lines, 4 lines showing on the preload and usually run 102 race gas.

I use the bike mostly for track days and a bit of local riding so the set up is focused towards our local track which is short with tight corners so I have set the bike up to give good turn in and early on the power.

Hi mate... your a long way away, always good to hear what's happening in the bike scene in other countries... you've the same bike as me is it Carbon ?. I was in OZ about 20 years ago for three months, we done the East Coast, never had time to do the middle or your side.

Anyhow great bunch of lads on here...

Stuart...Scotland

Hi Backmarker, welcome to the site. Lucky bugger having the weather you have. Must be great for the bike riding.

Another big hello from Scotland.

JimmyMac

Thanks guys, nice to here from fellow s1000 riders, Most of the HP's down hear are kept in sheds. I have only seen 2 others on the road and 2 more on the local track.

With the mods she is reasonably perky. -1 +2 helps keep it driveable around town. 108 race gas is suposed to give you about 8% depending on air temp and humidity. Guys are claiming 194- 196 at the rear so add 8% or roughly 15 hp and you get 210 at the rear.

I know in cold weather say 10 C with really low humidity as we get down here it goes insane. I mean that. In hot weather not so much. Currently fitting an ohlins 038 steering damper to stop it getting to wiggly and changing the fork oil.
I think I might go 10w and see how it feels. surprisingly according to BMW 565 ml right leg and 230 ml left leg 7.5w. I know after 8,000km the left leg was quite dirty. right leg as new no ddc of course. I wonder what would happen if you fitted DDC to the right leg. both forks DDC.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back