Back brake fell off

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon all. Back brake lever fell off just after the initial running in service! Does anyone know whether it gets put on in the factory or in the dealer? So I can kick the appropriate backsides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a joke! How dangerous could that have been.

It gets put on by factory , I've just watched a video on YouTube s1000rr unboxing and that confirms it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The dealer should replace anyway, its not going to be something they can contest just after a service.

- Sent from Mobile

Doesn't suprise me, alas.. my front brake reservoir was handed over with no bolt holding it onto the perch. I only realised when it was bouncing around in front of the clocks! No harm done, all fixed up for free. I think it was missing not lose and fell out!

Dealer mate. That's not a requirement to go to Germany

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

You say that Keith, I've stripped 2 now from brand new and they were shocking

Who sold you it? Their PDI sheet is your evidence that they stated it was completely ready to go.

This is after the first service...so after 600miles of use. So before we going on the war path lets just see what the OP gets back from the dealer.

This is after the first service...so after 600miles of use. So before we going on the war path lets just see what the OP gets back from the dealer.
Thanks gents. Dealer swapped it out from one of the showroom bikes and despite a minion insisting "someone's gotta pay", I haven't heard back from them.
Alex is right that the bike had done +600 miles and as far as they're concerned someone (including me) could have been fekking around with it. As it happens, it was either garaged or crawling around the Sussex countryside under my fat arse the whole time.

Latest posts

Back