Aragon - Redline Trackdays 10/11/12th April

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion the profile looks sweet from that angle, and that tear is nothing. You will never clear up a tyre completely.

Sent from my Lenovo B6000-F using Tapatalk

That was just the start of it Paul, it got worse as the trip went on.

DTC was set as standard (0) and I didn't feel the need to adjust it.

Dunlop recommend 1.4bar (20psi) hot off the warmers, 1.4-1.7 (20-25psi) straight off track. 1.3bar minimum. I normally find 22-24 works well for me.

Was just curious as to whether anyone else had similar issues? If not, then it's looking more and more likely to be a combination of set-up and riding style.

You need to find a tyre and stick to it. We found with track rubber, that Dunlops need riding heavy on the front end to generate the heat required to instil the confidence in front end grip. This season we have gone back to pirelli as you can trust them into turn 1.
Problem is the Dunlop rears are mega and we never had an issue with those.
But for consistency we went pirelli full price instead of Dunlop on a bloody good deal. Plus the pirelli slick is the same shape as the stocker control rubber at British.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Makes sense. Bike feels pretty good so don't want to make any major changes.

Still got 2 MS3 scrubs in the garage so I'll get them on and get more track time to see if I can get more of an idea. Good excuse to get out there a bit more. :)

Tyres

You need to find a tyre and stick to it.

+1. I have stuck with Metzeler Racetec RR tyres for the last two seasons as they work really well for me. Its just a shame that they are quite expensive when not purchased in bulk.

Latest posts

Back