Anyone up for a run

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the 12 hour run yesterday (10 riding), I'll be lucky to be out ma bed before 11.

Have a good one.

JimmyMac

Did you think you were in a rally Jimmy!? That's one heck of a long run!
Hope you had a good day?

Would love to have joined you Balallan, but Essex isn't exactly round the corner lol ...

Last edited:
Did you think you were in a rally Jimmy!? That's one heck of a long run!
Hope you had a good day?

Thats the usual Sunday, sometimes its longer. Malic texted me this morning saying he had a great day but was "Ruined" lol.

Possibly bigger run on Wednesday as heading out for new tyres, weather is great this week it was 23 degrees half an hour ago, soon people will moan its too hot.

JimmyMac

Glad you had a good run today Balallan, yea 3 hours is enough to blow away the cobwebs, so long as the riding is good lol ;)!

Jimmy I'm with Malic, I'd be ruined too after 10 hours in the OEM saddle lol ...
I reckon you should give the Iron Butt challenge a go! Just think, if you managed it you'd probably be the first person in the world to do it on a super bike, let along an HP4!
Sounds like perfect weather if you ask me, although as you say it is quintessentially British to never be satisfied with the weather lol.

Oli

Oli, I've done the Iron Butt on a GS Adventure, its not difficult because you must take breaks or you are disqualified. Longest non stop run I ever did was Milan to Harlow in one go from Italy via Switzerland, Germany, France, Luxembourg, Germany to England. Seven countries in 11 hours not including the Channel crossing. That is Knackering.

Just to add a flavour of my nature I had a hand drawn map on a napkin that I drew in a hotel in Italy to guide me home, I remember the foreign telly showing Patrick Swayze had died.

JimmyMac

P.S. Very, very impressed with your use of the word "quintessentially". I bet not many bike forums have seen that one!

Wow Jimmy that is awesome!
I can only imagine how incredibly tiring that is, but you must have had some amazing scenery and experiences along the way ...

Have got to laugh about the hand drawn map, knowing my luck I'd have used it to wipe my visor ... oh sh!t lol!
I am the total opposite, I don't like going anywhere I've not been before without a sat nav and intercom lol. Need some of your old school skills!

P.S. 1. If ever I plan a Euro Tour I'll have to ask you for some route recommendations :D

P.S. 2. Haha, I blame that entirely on my being in the middle of writing a Thesis at the moment, makes me use pretentious words lol ...

Latest posts

Back