Anyone fitted evotech levers?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimmymak

Reaction score
I have just ordered some evotech levers,

Has anyone fitted these on a 2015/2016 s1000rr?

Last week I got the evotech radiator covers (oil and water) and I also got the tail tidy. Both of these fitted very week with no problems and seem very well made.

I only ask as I just saw a previous post about someone having trouble with another lever and the micro switch.

Many thanks

Sai.

Ive got Evotech on. The switch played up just after fitting but was sorted by dealer. No issues since. Not unusual if you fit new levers to have them play up unfortunately

Ok,,

I've just fitted my evotech levers.
Pretty easy to fit and they look great.

I went for the long ones as they had no short ones I stock. (I don't 2 finger brake anyway)

Micro switch!!!

As I have a 2016, there are two micro switches under the clutch lever.
My advise would be;

After taking original clutch lever off, Take micro switch off.

Fit new lever.

Cable tie new lever to grips to hold clutch open.

Now refit micro switch part.

This should save you from accidentally bending either switch's.

If you do happen to be unlucky and bend one;

Cable tie lever

Remove switch part

DO NOT remove metal switch lever but try and tape a piece of hardish plastic (think credit card material) to the bent switch.
I used builders silver foil tape to stick mine.

Replace switch.

Make a cup of tea!

So, I did mine today..... Interesting. Fitted the brake first.... Seemed to go on very easy, however breaks were VERY sharp. Anyhow, undid the clutch to find the little plastic bit that I was told to remove had the tiniest of Torx head (not one that I had). So messaged Alex who suggested I could go over to him in the morning or get over to B&Q to get me out of immediate trouble. So I managed to put the stock one back on and off I went. I got about 1/2 Mile down the road only to find my front brake was getting tighter and came to a standstill. Full binding and could not budge. As I was on the phone to Alex, a biker stopped but could not help as he did not have any tools. Eventually called my son and got him to run me over the tools on the bench. Managed to undo them and free them up a bit and got home. A few attempts of the brake and I think the plunger was not quite sitting in the designated hole. Seems ok so far. Then a mate come good with Torx and I swapped over the little extension of the microswitches. Could not test if all is working so my commute into work tomorrow will be a little more interesting.

Today was quite an achievement for me [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess what...? tested it all on the way to work this morniing...... and it all worked, cruise control and all.... happy me :)

Changed mine over last Sunday and encountered 2 problems, that darn little torx screw is minute, but the biggest headache I had was refitting the cable into the new clutch lever there wasn't enough slack so I had to remove l/h fairing and unclip clutch cable before I could locate the cable housing into the adjuster. Bit of a game but at least the brake lever only took minutes to swop.

Back