Anyone done a rear underslung caliper conversion

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! Nice one. May we ask the damage? And also will you be able to weigh it vs stock?

Cost wise, it was about the same as the l74 kit.

Happy to weigh it, will do tomorrow when i get home

Swingarm

That's a very good example of a Harris Performance converted OEM swingarm. You find those being used a lot by teams with a limited budget instead of the far more expensive S?ter kit.

Exactly that, It's a standard 2015 swingarm adapted by Harris. This one was reportedly used by Lee Hardy Racing in BSB.

The caliper hanger and end plates are all attached to the swingarm so stay in place when the wheel is removed.
They're also machined to support the wheel as its dropped in from above, so you can just push the spindle through without the need to support anything.

All good in theory but this was setup for oz superbike wheels and no tc sensor. I need to sort spacers and and a different caliper bracket (it's in two pieces, so only the lower bit) before i can fit it.

Smiths were selling the SBK wheels if that helps...pretty cheap from what I recall.

Thanks, i have seen them and did consider swapping some wheels but that'll lead to other issues.

More than happy to sort the little bits out over the next couple of months as a mini winter project.

L74 makes a kit for 2019 model as well. Tempted to get it. Wheel change is a fly with it

Latest posts

Back