Am I the first? 2017 on the road [emoji41]

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So now has HP rear sets and levers, Lightech chain adjusters, R&G bungs and bobbins, Puig double bubble dark screen.
Got stomp grips and tank pad on order. Ordering a K&N this week and will speak to the dealer about baffle removal, or a deal on a replacement.

Lovely bike that gixer, wasn't sure about the grey/black at the nec but now I've seen one in the flesh on the road it's starting to grow on me, what other mods you got lined up.

Just got LED headlights and possibly the rad guards to fit plus the K&N, stompgrips and tank pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got LED headlights and possibly the rad guards to fit plus the K&N, stompgrips and tank pad

Would you mind sending me a link to the LED headlights? Did you have them on your 15? Easy to fit? Cheers ;)

SNAP!! :)
FullSizeRender%202_zps3dcxwhff.jpg

First impressions compared to my 2015:
1. Throttle is smoother, especially when taking off....no play like on the 2015. (that always bugged me)
2. Engine is noticeably smoother - no cam rattle like on previous models.
3. Exhaust is really quiet! Crackles and pops are still there but very muted - exhaust needs to go asap!
4. The 2017 still veers to the right like the 2015 Grrrrr! Removing the stock exhaust helped on my 15, so again, exhaust has to go!
5. Forged wheels are awesome!
6. The limiter was spoiling my fun:disturbed: roll on 1st service!

Mines not got right turn assist, neither did the last one. Nice bike Cavey!

Mines not got right turn assist, neither did the last one. Nice bike Cavey!

The right turn assist has got me baffled?? BMW acknowledged the issue in late 2015 but said it was a "feature" of the bike??!!
So why don't they all veer?? Plenty of people have the issue but not all??! Hmmmm. Tbh i only notice it in cruise control when you take hands off bars (which isn't something i make a habit of!) and when i replaced my 2015 stock can with a lighter slip on it was 75% better and actually totally bearable (i could keep the bike running straight by leaning slightly). Anyway, it's been discussed at length on here for ages without a solution, so i'll stop boring everyone and just enjoy the bike!:emmersed:

I have a theory about right turn assist on the 3rd gen. Not everyone experiences it. I think it might be something to do with man sausage. If you dress on the left and women salivate at the size of your nether regions then you won't experience the problem due to the counterbalance of the weight. At least that's the only plausible reason I can think of why the demo bike I tried went straight :).

Latest posts

Back