Akrapovic v Stock

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 687

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am about to collect my S1000RR 2015 and absolutely loved the noise of the standard can when testing it but also saw an Akra can in the dealership and it looked so much better.

I have no interest in changing the headers so mainly cosmetic but has anyone does this change and is the downshifting awesome popping noise still on the Akra? Also guessing the db levels stay the same as headers not changed? This is key for me as I track and I dont want to be turned away from venues.

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

Asif

Test rode one with the Akrapovic on and thought when I got mine the sound would be crap. Couldn't be more wrong especially with the baffles out. You really are just paying for the look.
i would almost go as far as saying the stock minus baffles sounds better!

Test rode one with the Akrapovic on and thought when I got mine the sound would be crap. Couldn't be more wrong especially with the baffles out. You really are just paying for the look.

Thats really useful advice, thank you mate!

Forget the Akra and go for an Austin Racing GP1, standard noise levels until you shut the throttle when you get the equivalent of small arms fire!

Struggling to get my baffle out. There is more weld than I thought..

I've got the Akraprovic can it sounds awesome, the popping in the overrun is nicer than standard. Clearly looks better as well. Not sure what's achieved in terms of weight saving- Akraprovic all the way for me...

Latest posts

Back