Akrapovic exhaust plug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richy170

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
My 6 year boy wanted to help me clean my bike, so after handing him the hose and popping to the garage to get the chamois I returned to find him squirting the hose at the exhaust hole. I have decided to buy an exhaust plug but can't seem to find anything large enough for the Akropovic exhaust (measures 65mm top to bottom). Apart from just sticking a rag in the end do you guys have any better solutions you are using.

Also anyone using a bike dryer as I saw one for sale in my local bike shop. I have a leaf blower but don't want to use that as its too big and cumbersome and I'm worried I will scratch the bike with it.

I have a bike dryer that i purchased off souf on here, it does make a difference as it leave no water marks when drying the bike.

:)

if you have a big enough budget the drycyle product is the best and quickest way to dry the bike. Very powerful. The importer for them is based not far from me. Offered me a discount on a group buy, no idea how much, I'd only ask if enough folks were serious.

Thanks Alex for the link. I couldn't see where it says 74mm but I have ordered it any way. I was searching for exhaust plug and not getting very far, this is a bung and looks just what I need.

:)

if you have a big enough budget the drycyle product is the best and quickest way to dry the bike. Very powerful. The importer for them is based not far from me. Offered me a discount on a group buy, no idea how much, I'd only ask if enough folks were serious.

I have ordered an Aeolus Cyclone TD 901T which is marketed at dog groomers but works just the same for the bike. Bike specific dryers seem to be excessively priced compared to ones available to dog groomers.

Back