Akrapovic BMW Carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tituslivius

Reaction score
I'm fitting my 2015 with carbon. A year ago I started to buy a OEM bug BMW so I'm always searching for the original parts so that the looks stay the same. Last year I bought two tank side panels second-hand but it didn't have the normal BMW logo on it. I has a logo of BMW AND Akrapovic. I can't find the part numbers anywhere. Also not in realoem but it fits good and seems to have the same quality as the HP parts. Now I'm able to buy another part but again from BMW AND akrapovic. Again I can't find the part number anywhere so I'm not able to acknowledge that it'll fit.

Does anybody have experience with this? Is it the same as the HP carbon ones?

HP Carbon Fibre

I have a couple of HP carbon fibre parts fitted to my S1000RR and one of them has branding on the reverse stating it's been manufactured by Akrapovič on behalf of BMW.

Re: HP Carbon Fibre

Today I had contact with BMW Netherlands. I send them a picture of the article code with the bmw akrapovic branding. They acknowledge that it is official hp but the women on the phone couldn't tell me from which country it is unfortunately. Untill now it happens only if I buy Carbon from Germany or Austria. I can't trace the article code but bmw did.

HP Carbon Fibre

I wouldn't worry about it. BMW outsource production of a lot of their carbon fibre parts to other companies including Akrapovič. The quality will be exactly the same and it's all sold by BMW as 'HP' carbon fibre.

Re: HP Carbon Fibre

The previous owner send the Carbon in the original package. On this box the hp bmw article number is there. So it looks like that bmw and akrapovic are working together for creating hp Carbon.

HP Carbon Fibre

Akrapovič, Ilmberger, and a few other companies all make carbon fibre parts for BMW.

Back