Air filters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maddogsween

Reaction score
Morning peoples,

s1000rr 17

would like your your thoughts on aftermarket air filters. I am aware that the OEM must be pretty good, but do you think it?s worth changing to a Sprint p08 ? It might be worth noting I?ve removed my cat, added a akra gp can and am having RB Race installed....

ive always changed my filters when upgrading exhaust etc....but was reading somewhere it might be that much of a benefit

cheers M

Hi Maddog, like you I have heard the OEM filter is as good as it gets but I changed mine for a K&N lifetime filter just because I've used them on my GSA for years. Saves a few quid each service too.

JimmyMac

IMO for filtration the OEM can't be beaten.
I chose the Sprint P08 because it's a polyester material which doesn't need the same maintenance as the K&N.

IMO for filtration the OEM can't be beaten.
I chose the Sprint P08 because it's a polyester material which doesn't need the same maintenance as the K&N.

Never crossed my mind to about the maintenance for mine Alex, to be honest it's done 18000 miles and I've never even looked at it since I fitted it a zero miles.

Just checked the K&N site and they say it can achieve 50,000 miles before requiring cleaning but now you have mentioned it I will do it before too long.

My brain is starved of oxygen more than my bike it seems, lol.

JimmyMac

Air Filters

I have an alpha Racing (BMC) air filter fitted at present. It made no noticeable difference to the bike when compared to the OEM air filter. I would personally just stick with the OEM one as it is extremely good and cheap to replace.

Last edited:
Air Filters

BMC, K&N, Sprint, MWR... They are all pretty much the same.

Went for the K&N because I've used them before. The standard gets replaced every service and the K&N is about ?8 more so a no brainer for me. Got the same one on from my 15 so done over 50k with it now. That will have saved me about ?240 on not replacing the standard.

Air Filters

OEM air filters are extremely good nowadays so the question you really need to ask yourself is are you content with just replacing the standard filter during each service or would you rather buy a reusable aftermarket one. There are plenty of options out there to suit all budgets but just make sure you clean it periodically if you do fit one.

Thanks all....found a good deal on K and N .......so went for that.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice one Mark , great choice in my mind. Maps are pre loaded with that set up so all be good when u get installed without having to adjust anything.... almost as excited as you !!

When you say the maps are preloaded with the race option do you mean the O2 sensor adjusts automatically on the standard map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you say the maps are preloaded with the race option do you mean the O2 sensor adjusts automatically on the standard map?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The base map Performance Parts load on the RB for you is Jay?s.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

I?m running a BMc race filter but have to say them sprint filters look pretty good
heard they collect the same amount of shite as the standard filter does which is cool. Only reason got the bmc is that is was cheap on eblag for 45.00

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back