Advice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alllspark

Reaction score
Hi guys

Thinking of buying this for my 2015 s1000rr. Any downsides to these ?

Any reviews?

9444a9d4ed53c4ba1b5e36965cbc8b10.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akrapovič

Superb exhaust with exceptional build quality and it's quiet enough for trackdays. Highly recommended and you simply can't go wrong with any exhaust from Akrapovič.

Re: Akrapovič

Superb exhaust with exceptional build quality and it's quiet enough for trackdays. Highly recommended and you simply can't go wrong with any exhaust from Akrapovič.

What's the sound like compared to stock?

I guess this all depends on what you want from a slip on.
I don't have one personally, but have seen and heard one fitted to a 15 RR before.
Did a comparison on the stock silencer without baffles vs that Akra can without a baffle.
It looks good and is a great quality product, but there isn't a significant change in the exhaust note so is mostly a cosmetic change.
For me personally I was put off by this as it's a lot of money and I wanted more noise.

Good luck with your decision and I hope you're happy with whichever exhaust you purchase :).

I guess this all depends on what you want from a slip on.
I don't have one personally, but have seen and heard one fitted to a 15 RR before.
Did a comparison on the stock silencer without baffles vs that Akra can without a baffle.
It looks good and is a great quality product, but there isn't a significant change in the exhaust note so is mostly a cosmetic change.
For me personally I was put off by this as it's a lot of money and I wanted more noise.

Good luck with your decision and I hope you're happy with whichever exhaust you purchase :).

Thanks Oli. Thought it was just cosmetic. What would you estimate the cost would be for these. See if I am getting a good deal.

I considered an sc project but maybe a little too loud and cannot use for the track in uk

Oh and I think the CF heat shield on that Akra can is great [emoji1303]
wish they put them on all their full systems lol.

Thanks on the RRP Ryan.

Personally, I would go with a loud ish slip on for road use and then just bung on the OEM can before going on a track day.
Then you'll have no worries on noise emissions and for considerably less money have a fun slip on for road use.
What do you think?

Thanks on the RRP Ryan.

Personally, I would go with a loud ish slip on for road use and then just bung on the OEM can before going on a track day.
Then you'll have no worries on noise emissions and for considerably less money have a fun slip on for road use.
What do you think?

Decisions decisions.

Love the ar racing noise and the sc project noises.

Akrapovič

Thanks on the RRP Ryan.

What do you think?

If you intend on doing trackdays you may as well just buy the Akrapovič slip-on and be done with it.

Akra a very well made and quiet can - the sensible choice, however I've got an AR GP1 slip-on on my bike, see below, which sounds really good but not annoyingly loud with the baffle in, as Oli says just swap it over to the stock can for trackdays - as an aside I'm also pleased to say the stock also passed the 98db ride by meter at Donington with no issues despite it apparently being marginal at that noise level on the gen3 ...

Re: Akrapovič

If you intend on doing trackdays you may as well just buy the Akrapovič slip-on and be done with it.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you Ryan, I think an AR or SC Project can in conjunction with the OEM silencer is a better set up for road and UK track use.

You'll have more fun with a can like Mac's and still make use of the OEM silencer for trackdays

Akrapovič

Ultimately it's about whatever makes you happy. For me personally, I absolutely loath loud exhausts and like Akrapovič as they are traditionally quite quiet.

Personally I just don't get it, the std gen3 exhaust is great, who cares what it looks like? With the std you'll never have a problem with the plod on the road (it's oem officer, what can I do?) and trackdays will be ok as far as I have seen. If you want to spend $$$ spend it on tyres, or trackdays, or touring, or good clothing/helmet, or servicing, or petrol. Show ponies the lot of you!

Personally I just don't get it, the std gen3 exhaust is great, who cares what it looks like? With the std you'll never have a problem with the plod on the road (it's oem officer, what can I do?) and trackdays will be ok as far as I have seen. If you want to spend $$$ spend it on tyres, or trackdays, or touring, or good clothing/helmet, or servicing, or petrol. Show ponies the lot of you!

I'm just like the noise and crackles of the sc and at cans

Latest posts

Back