Advice re: protection

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S1kR^2

Reaction score
Hi All

Picking up a new S1000RR sport before the end of the month and have turned my attention to protecting (from being dropped/scratched etc) the bike as best i can without going overboard.
I've started looking at the various bits from Limburger(sp?)/ GB racing and BMW HP but only want to add things that can be removed without marking the bike (so anything stuck on with any form of glue is prob a no go). i am also looking to get the bike wrapped in a clear wrap.

My initial thoughts are:
engine frame crash bungs (R&G probably)
front an drear axle sliders
engine cover sliders or full covers? (the Limburger carbon covers look rather good!)
Tank pad (unless wrapped)

What else am I missing and what would you all recommend?

Thanks

ILMberger, their carbon is top notch. Sticking on carbon frame protection from Ilmberger or Alpha Racing is recommended as the frame paint can rub/wear. The frame protection sticks with supplied silicone and can be removed without damaging the frame.

PP-Tuning do a nice line in protection.

As for the paint then PPF like Xpel or VentureShield can be bought as a kit and DIY fitted...or by a professional, it's not cheap but it works.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back