Adios!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trumpetman21

Reaction score
Tomorrow will be my last day as an S1000RR owner....won't be going far though as I'll be collecting a new S1000R Sport after work!

I've enjoyed my time on the S1KRR, am hoping that the S1KR proves to be just as enjoyable and I'll be sticking around here a while longer yet as it's a very nice forum.

Once I've ran the new bike in I'll let you know how the two compare, I might even try to poach a few over you over to t'other side if it turns out to be as good a road bike as some say it is....

:woot:

First impressions....windblast not as bad as expected on the R, throttle is also very VERY light in action - much more so than the RR's was.

Exhaust note is much better on the R, more warbling and rorty than the RR's. Pops and farts when you shut the throttle too, which is very nice bimbling about town.

I'll be out for a longer run at the weekend so will no doubt have more to add then. Overall I'm happy with the change up to now.

if you ride out with other sports bikes and not nakeds your be swapping back within 12months.
I'm not so sure the s1000r is faster up til 100mph so u wouldn't have trouble keeping with them . Courses for horses.

I'm not so sure the s1000r is faster up til 100mph so u wouldn't have trouble keeping with them . Courses for horses.

its not about how quick it is for 30 seconds its how it feels after 100 miles.ive been there with a 150bhp mv brutale 1090rr.100% loved it on ride outs on my own at 80 to 90mph for short blasts.but when you run with sports bikes at slightly higher speeds then the wind blast is just too much,i give it 18 months and couldn't beleave how much the sports bike was easier to ride..as the op runs on his own im sure he will love it.one thing he will first notice is that you become more of a hooligan around town and in traffic as you can see over everything else on the road.cars and hedges just blend away.

Latest posts

Back