5 Minute Glove Review - Knox vs Racer

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Because my RST Tracktech Kangaroo gloves didn't fit well and fell apart all too easily, I have had to buy another set of gloves for this year (and hopefully beyond!).

Just had delivery of 2 pairs to compare and keep one;
Racer High Speed £220
Knox Handroid Mk5 £250
From Sportsbikeshop.

TL;DR I am keeping the Knox Handroids but both were very nice

The Racers are lovely and soft. Great mix of Kangaroo, Stingray etc. The fingers and thumb are on the longer side which is good for me. Protection seems great scafoid and cuff hard points, webbing on the little finger bridge. Honestly very little to fault and they are decent value compared to the competition.

The Knox. Equally supple, the fingers are the right length and diameter for my digits. Similar levels of protection, though the cuff is less pronounced and very flexible. The boa system claps the forarm really well even without the suit on. Its quick to release and easy to adjust. The wrist strap is equally able to clamp my IT worker wrists. The biggest upside for these glives was the ease if wrist articulation. The racers felt stiffer but maybe in an accident that would be a benefit.

The RSTs before were cheap but wholly insecure. The wrist strap was no where near my wrist, it was at least 15mm too far up the palm to allow me to close it.

The Racer wrist strap was just a fraction too high and too wide it was going to dig into the heel of my thumb (or whatever ots called). The Knox is just right.

Highly recommend the Racers, very comfy if your hand fits, I genuinely wanted to like them more. But for me the Knox just fit that few percent better.

1000014365.jpg

1000014369.jpg
1000014368.jpg
1000014370.jpg

1000014374.jpg

Last edited:
I've got the mk4 handroids...superb gloves..I did.lose the aerofoil that sits on top and knox sent Mr a new pack of them out..no questions..can't get better than that..I've had mine 3-4years I think..we'll.worn in but still solid..really well made

I've got the racers, really like them but found they took a bit of breaking in around the wrist and palm supports.. Spot on now though. Like held gloves as well.

Because my RST Tracktech Kangaroo gloves didn't fit well and fell apart all too easily, I have had to buy another set of gloves for this year (and hopefully beyond!).

Just had delivery of 2 pairs to compare and keep one;
Racer High Speed £220
Knox Handroid Mk5 £250
From Sportsbikeshop.

TL;DR I am keeping the Knox Handroids but both were very nice

The Racers are lovely and soft. Great mix of Kangaroo, Stingray etc. The fingers and thumb are on the longer side which is good for me. Protection seems great scafoid and cuff hard points, webbing on the little finger bridge. Honestly very little to fault and they are decent value compared to the competition.

The Knox. Equally supple, the fingers are the right length and diameter for my digits. Similar levels of protection, though the cuff is less pronounced and very flexible. The boa system claps the forarm really well even without the suit on. Its quick to release and easy to adjust. The wrist strap is equally able to clamp my IT worker wrists. The biggest upside for these glives was the ease if wrist articulation. The racers felt stiffer but maybe in an accident that would be a benefit.

The RSTs before were cheap but wholly insecure. The wrist strap was no where near my wrist, it was at least 15mm too far up the palm to allow me to close it.

The Racer wrist strap was just a fraction too high and too wide it was going to dig into the heel of my thumb (or whatever ots called). The Knox is just right.

Highly recommend the Racers, very comfy if your hand fits, I genuinely wanted to like them more. But for me the Knox just fit that few percent better.

View attachment 5119

View attachment 5120
View attachment 5121
View attachment 5122

View attachment 5123
I really like Knox gloves both these for road riding and Orsa for off road and they last well, the boa system is excellent.

Latest posts

Back