2024 S1000RR seat height.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been issues recently and Rykas cannot dictate who parks there as it’s a public car park.
People have been getting tickets for dark visors and loud exhausts etc and told to go home, it’s all over Facebook group, there was an anti social group rev bombing their bikes and I would think residents have complained.
There haven’t been too many at Newlands corner but they have started to appear there odd occasions, I was last there about 3 weeks ago
No Rykas can't dictate.
Don't do FB, but a while ago did hear that the police were handing out tickets. This is why I ride with 50% tint visor and don't have a cut down plate. Never had a problem with the pipe. There will always be people rev bombing and residents will always complain. Maybe the resident who's garden backs onto the carpark should of thought about that before purchasing that property.
They usually stop in at Newlands and a few years back there always use to be a motorcycle cop there. He was alright but retired now.
I not sure where my friend gets it from but he usually posts a calender which states what the police will be concentrating on, per month, over the year.
Because of police presence, we use Rykas as a meeting place then head out of the area.

If you come in to Rykas on Box hill Rd, then look right, where it is fenced off is someone's back garden.

Caught two of them around my bike and touching it, told them not theirs leave it slone
My guess they were trying to air tag it to nick it later
Yes that has been going on for many years on late night Wednesday. It attracts all kinds of undesirables.
There is an app you can get to scan your bike.

All I can suggest is get the app that allows you to scan for airtags and park closer to seating area, if you can.

A local seat upholsterer chopped around 25mm from the foam for me, for £65. I wound the rear adjuster down, to the same length as my 22 bike and loosened off the yoke bolts to raise the forks 10mm. I couldn't get the forks to move together though, so I'll have to remove the front wheel and raise the forks individually. The DDC wouldn't recalibrate, so I'll set the rear adjuster back to standard for the time being, and drop both ends together later.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back