2023 model changes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was so happy with my gen 4 s1000rr ? now I want the new one lol?? The never ending story.

What are you going to do with it Alex ?
Keep it in Road trim or make it track only
Bike?

I have a massive spreadsheet of parts to make a Gen 4 weapon...but I am more inclined to do much less in future and keep it road legal more of the time.
So from the factory; Black, forged rims, carbon pack, 5 year service plan, laptimer gps mouse (not the datalogger), PPF and maybe one or two other items from the accessories catalogue.
Then add non-BMW; rearsets, levers, clipons...so I can get the controls in the right place.
Then add and exhaust, decat bellypan and a remap once RS2E have one ready and the bike is run in.

Nothing guaranteed but that's where I'd like to go. I have Almeria in Nov on the Gen3...whilst there I may have a change of heart or just reconfirm that we're heading for divorce...

I have a massive spreadsheet of parts to make a Gen 4 weapon...but I am more inclined to do much less in future and keep it road legal more of the time.
So from the factory; Black, forged rims, carbon pack, 5 year service plan, laptimer gps mouse (not the datalogger), PPF and maybe one or two other items from the accessories catalogue.
Then add non-BMW; rearsets, levers, clipons...so I can get the controls in the right place.
Then add and exhaust, decat bellypan and a remap once RS2E have one ready and the bike is run in.

Nothing guaranteed but that's where I'd like to go. I have Almeria in Nov on the Gen3...whilst there I may have a change of heart or just reconfirm that we're heading for divorce...

Awesome, look forward to seeing some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol some time to wait...

I normally hate the M-Sport look. But this time it looks good, I am just not willing to spend 3k extra for a white bike!

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Service plan? I've never thought that was worth it unless you do enough miles to get the 18k service as part of it - what's the thinking there?

Service plan? I've never thought that was worth it unless you do enough miles to get the 18k service as part of it - what's the thinking there?

It didn't seem to bad value for 5 years...I maybe wrong, everything has to pass due dilligence.

The front looks like an angry Duck [emoji35], I do like the big RR.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It didn't seem to bad value for 5 years...I maybe wrong, everything has to pass due dilligence.

Actually it seems to be ?1040 for 5 years, according to the new configurator. I'm sure it was closer to/over ?1500 before for a litre bike. That does make it more appealing.

I had asked BMW if the TFT changes would be available for the 19-22 bikes as a upgrade which they replied saying they are not, exclusively for the 2023 bikes.

I think they missed a trick there as I?m sure people would want that, whether it?s actually doable or not, maybe that?s why not.

I had asked BMW if the TFT changes would be available for the 19-22 bikes as a upgrade which they replied saying they are not, exclusively for the 2023 bikes.

I think they missed a trick there as I?m sure people would want that, whether it?s actually doable or not, maybe that?s why not.

What?s the new tft features Wull? It looks the same to me.

What?s the new tft features Wull? It looks the same to me.

when you switch the bike on it will be on the display you had last time, the rpm gauge flashes as the shift light (like what happens on the 19-22 bikes when you get to the redline) , phone connectivity even whilst in ride mode pro and from what I can gather when in ride mode pro you can select DDC as road, race, dynamic etc but I?m not 100% sure on that one.

Sounds like they've turned it into a USER mode more than a track mode. They listened to feedback! /falls off chair

Edit

Ah,, just been on configurator and you can now add the race pro without the dds (which you couldn't before) to the base model. Though I haven't and don't have any issue with the electronic suspension I'd like to add my own later on.

when you switch the bike on it will be on the display you had last time, the rpm gauge flashes as the shift light (like what happens on the 19-22 bikes when you get to the redline) , phone connectivity even whilst in ride mode pro and from what I can gather when in ride mode pro you can select DDC as road, race, dynamic etc but I?m not 100% sure on that one.

Ahhh thanks Wull. Defo a pain in the ass quite literally not being able to use the road suspension in pro mode like. Fingers crossed they have listened to customers feed back [emoji1303]

M1000RR 2023

fb_img_1665509991074-jpg.224439

fb_img_1665509984279-jpg.224440

fb_img_1665509987794-jpg.224438

Notes:
  1. Aero Wheel covers!
  2. Those Wings are huge!
  3. Big intake
  4. New front mudguard...the whole front end is markedly different to the SRR.
  5. Is that swingarm even longer?
  6. That's a lot of carbon around the dash
  7. Side panels are visibly different to '23 SRR
  8. How is that going to fit with the 35,000 euro base bike cost that WSBK stipulates? Are we looking at the ?40k optioned up version and there will be a less pimped base model?

We'll find out more tomorrow.

Last edited:
M1000RR 2023
Notes:
  1. Aero Wheel covers!
  2. Those Wings are huge!
  3. Big intake
  4. New front mudguard...the whole front end is markedly different to the SRR.
  5. Is that swingarm even longer?
  6. That's a lot of carbon around the dash
  7. Side panels are visibly different to '23 SRR
  8. How is that going to fit with the 35,000 euro base bike cost that WSBK stipulates? Are we looking at the ?40k optioned up version and there will be a less pimped base model?

We'll find out more tomorrow.

? I hope this is cammo only ? - Alex 2022

Yikes - doesn?t look like it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
IKR...still kinda tempted...might need a divorce...

I'd love to know what the maximum lean angle is before those things hit the ground.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back