2017 S1000RR Exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_m

Reaction score
Just a word of warning on the new 17 bike. Ours yet for dyno yesterday and unlocking. Removing the euro 5 exhaust throws up an error code on the dash 'Engine?' right through the most awkward part of the screen.
This will force you to take it to BMW for the calibration kit. This is problematic in 2 ways.
1 the calibration kit is not available until approx 25 march 17. And secondly it's another 800 on the top of your can, and more problematic. Is that it will void your warranty.
Just be aware.....
Mods, maybe sticky this somewhere. I will update and answer any questions if required.

Did you remove the servos?
Presumably,if the servos are still intact then the ecu won't know(as was the case with earlier bikes).

Yeah. All removed, but it didn't flag up on the 16 bike. It's new because of the major emissions Cut backs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to see if BMW offer an HP Akrapovic kit on the '17.(presumably with the hp ecu flash).
Still,should put the value up on pre-17 bikes!

HP Race Power Kit

It's my understanding that the HP Race Power Kit will be identical to the 2015/16 model. The only difference will be the HP data release which is loaded into the ECU and has slightly different coding. They have also updated the Race Calibration Kit (RCK4) which will be available in March.

Good job you research this stuff more once I've found out the hard and expensive way :):)

Paul, Any chance, for the sake of diagnosis, you can plug the servo's in and see if the error goes away?

Afraid not mate. It's in full prep now mate and away getting vinyl on today I'm afraid. It would pulling off bodywork etc, were away Thursday night. Not enough time I'm afraid. Sorry.

Exhaust Servos

Removing the exhaust servos is just about the most time consuming job when installing a full system on the 2015+ model!

Understood - I've asked BMW to investigate if this is Servo related or Cat sensor related. Either way I expect Alpha to be releasing a solution that does not involve a RCK4.

HP Coding

If you unplug the exhaust servos the bike will display a fault code. If you have the HP Racing Data Release loaded, and the ECU 'Race Enabled', it will allow you to disconnect them without issue along with the Lambda sensors as they are no longer required. However, in doing so your warranty will become restricted. The final stage is to have the ECU unlocked further by installing the RCK code, but this voids your warranty completely.

Riders Motorcycles

Riders Motorcycles are a BMW dealership and one of the UK HP Race Support partners. They also run Martin Jessopp in BSB.

Riders Motorcycles

For technical advice, when it comes to HP Coding etc, they are extremely good. They are also one of the very few UK BMW dealerships who have HP Race trained technicians.

Re: Riders Motorcycles

For technical advice, when it comes to HP Coding etc, they are extremely good. They are also one of the very few UK BMW dealerships who have HP Race trained technicians.

But they are not using the RCK on that bike. As the RapidBike Evo would be surplus...

Riders Motorcycle

I've just spoken to my contact at Riders Motorcycles out of pure curiosity and to confirm what they have done. The 2017 BMW S1000RR featured in the YouTube video is fairly basic. It has an aftermarket Akrapovič full system, fitted by an Akrapovič technician, in conjunction with a Rapid Bike Evo fuel module. The exhaust servos were indeed removed when installing the system and the fault codes were cleared manually by BMW using their diagnostic system. The interesting point is that no HP mapping or code was used. The fact that this is now possible highlights a change between the 2015/16 model and the 2017 variant.

HP Race Products

Not really. It just highlights the very limited knowledge of most BMW dealerships when it comes to HP race products, particularly HP coding and the use of the RCK. That said it's no different to many Honda dealerships and HRC products or Yamaha and YEC parts.

Latest posts

Back