2017 S1000RR Exhaust

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhaust Servos

The front exhaust servo is located at the headers and is easy to disconnect. The rear is nestled down behind the brake fluid reservoir, near the swingarm pivot. It is an absolute pain to access, disconnect and remove from the bike.

When I spoke to Austin Racing today, they advised that their full systems work on the 2017, although needs a power commander.
Really don't know what I am talking about re warning lights and flashing ecu's etc, so just saying what AR said.
I am either going with the new AR exhaust when I have seen it or the new Akropovic slip on

That won't bypass the BMW electronics. Their fitting instructions will be keep servos attached.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi all, is there any resolve to this? I have a 2017 and want to change exhaust, well not headers, if possible. I would like to see if there is a solution to removing CAT......let me know your thoughts/knows....thanks guys M

Yes but it completely void your warranty as you are in essence making it into a race bike on their eyes. For their purposes anyway.

You don't void the warranty if you remove the cat, unless policy has changed recently. BMW removed mine and fitted a decat link pipe for me when the bike was under warranty and it has made no difference.

You don't void the warranty if you remove the cat, unless policy has changed recently. BMW removed mine and fitted a decat link pipe for me when the bike was under warranty and it has made no difference.

If someone said to me at BMW today my warranty was void I might have more circumspect about fitting mine. An exhaust is just a tube of metal....

- Sent from Mobile

That's when BMW do it. Then attach it to the system to de activate any systems. It's so that the bikes can't be tracked then put back to road trim. Unless it's recognised BMW authorised parts.
That's direct from BMW.
They don't want anything endangering their reputation by failing when it's not their fault.

Warranty

From my experience your warranty becomes restricted with the addition of the HP Race Power Kit and Race Enabling of the ECU. Your warranty is completely voided if the HP RCK is used. With either modification BMW require you to sign a disclaimer acknowledging the fact that they now view your S1000RR as a race bike which is no longer homologated for road use.

With the new euro category, if you break into that system with any unauthorised equipment then it's void. That's come directly from BMW when ours went for unlocking. If anyone else has had a 17 bike unlocked and the main dealer told them any different then I'm wrong, but as I had the 17 bike 4 weeks before it was released I've had time to do homework and ask questions. With that come conversations about things that are not actually my problem, but I listen and ask because I may be able to feed back to you lads.
If there are any genuine BMW service agents to correct that, please feel free.

I thought the question here was whether or not fitting a decat system to a bike will void warranty. My bike is under warranty has a decat system fitted and there is no issue. Of course if you go and mess with the ecu then you void your warranty if you have a problem.

Warranty

I suspect the warranty restrictions reside with the fact that the new 2017 model is Euro 4 compliant whereas all previous S1000RR/HP4 models are only Euro 3, so the T&Cs may well be different. I would personally check with BMW UK for complete clarification before installing a full system if there is any doubt.

Austin Racing are in the process of designing a decat pipe for the 17....they say the bike will run fine without any ECU tweaks but recommend a PCV or similar. I wish these exhaust manufacturers would hurry up??!!
Hi all, is there any resolve to this? I have a 2017 and want to change exhaust, well not headers, if possible. I would like to see if there is a solution to removing CAT......let me know your thoughts/knows....thanks guys M

'Rough as f***...' is how I would describe mine running at idle cold yesterday. It's properly hunting about. So I'm glad I've kept the Bazzaz as I can see it going on, in June just in time for Cadwell.

(awaits comment from Soof)

Yeah, spoke to AR today and they tell me it will be available soon??? They also stated the end can and decat is plug in and play, but PC will optimise. Not so sure reading what I have so far. But I've had AR on my bikes and they are a good company so they will only advise on the facts... time will tell .... I like the SC Project CR-T as well but no date! ..... Also PC don't have a date yet... need to check Bazzaz

Last edited:
Righty then. I wrote to the service manager at AJ this morning asking specifically about the 2017 model bike:

"If the stock exhaust system is removed and a decat system is fitted does it invalidate the bike warranty with BMW?
Must it be done by BMW and are there ECU changes required for the bike to run without the cat?"

The reply I got back was:

"[FONT=&quot]No problem decatting a bike need to keep Lambda sensor on replacement system.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]If there were any issues with a bike ref warranty a closer look at the set up may be required but[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]As long as no silly mods done should not be a problem"[/FONT]

Back