2017 can options?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

Reaction score
what tail cans have people got on there 17 plates? my new bike arrives soon and cannot find a can i like. :(

There's a thread about it showing a few.

If you go fullsystem you can put on any you want. For 15 and 16.

I don't like the coke can exhausts myself. Think the yoshi is great.

Last edited:
my initial thoughts are a stubby, as said not looking for full system just a slipon. not too loud. ive got full akro system on my track bike. this is just for road so dont need more power. :)

my initial thoughts are a stubby, as said not looking for full system just a slipon. not too loud. ive got full akro system on my track bike. this is just for road so dont need more power. :)

Based on the above, my first choice would be the Akrapovic GP slip-on.
I?ve seen/heard a couple in person, the quality is fantastic, the GP look thoroughly modern and aren?t overly loud, but a step up from the OEM silencer.
Alternatively, Austin Racing, SC Project and Arrow all do short slip-ons.

As the 17 bikes are Euro4 compliant and therefore have considerable collector boxes, I don?t believe excess noise will be something to worry about, as keeping the OEM headers will go a long way to keeping the volume down

ive not seen an arrow slip on so so far the SC is first place but will take a look at the Akra. cheers

I just fitted the akrapovic stubby gp. No real increase in noise, just a change of tone and the odd pop. Looks are growing on me and it's a third of the weight. Phoned calsport and he did me a good price with the carbon hanger.

I know what you are saying, and I tend to agree, if akrapovic had bought out the standard titanium/ carbon straight can(hp4) style for the 17 I would have lapped it up, the only issue with some of the images of the sc that I've seen is they appear to have been welded whilst on a roller coaster with a stick welder from Aldi.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Akra short slip on and now you say its not much louder I think I might get one. Hoping to get on to track with it on... I think its a claimed 103DB which should just about make the noise tests. Will take a peak at the project too.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the Akra short slip on and now you say its not much louder I think I might get one. Hoping to get on to track with it on... I think its a claimed 103DB which should just about make the noise tests. Will take a peak at the project too.

The great thing about slip-ons, is that as long as you keep your OEM can, you always have a backup for even the quietest of track days

i was on track last week at oulton park and there was a bloke in our garage on a 17 plate with the stubby looking akro slipon and he had no issues with the 102db limit. i wish i had asked what it had blown now. there very strict at oulton too.

Last edited:
That’s great info and really appreciated. I rode Oulton this year and agree they are very keen on the noise limits. I will get the Akra but may be next year before i can comment on track access in the UK but hoping for a bit of Spanish track sun before that. Thanks again.

Had a Racefit black edition on my repsol blade, loved it & it was really noisey,E mailed Racefit & was rather dissapointed that there is no exhahust for my 17 plate s1000rr, Austin racing for me!!!

Too late for me Akra ordered tonight... Austin racing looks good though and they have a DB killer as standard.

im going SC as i dont want the rearset or bracket making it look untidy. :)
I asked SC about the DB rating for their end cans and whether they had DB killers - Hello, I am wanting to buy one of your end cans for my 2017 BMW S1000RR. Could you tell me do any of the following cans have a DB Killer and do you know the DB at 6K RPM for each can with and without a DB Killer? The cans I am looking at are: S1, CR-T, GP70-R Thank you
So couldn?t get a noise rating - hope this helps a bit anyway

this what I got back:

Dear customer, all exhaust are Euro 4 homologated without DB-Killer.

Regards

Latest posts

Back