2017 66 plate Pre-Reg or new?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosso

Reaction score
Hi All

I've been offered a 0 mile black / red s1000rr sport with performance pack & forged wheels for just over ?14k . I looked at a S1K a while ago so I'm a bit rusty on latest prices etc.

I appreciate it is Euro 3 and maybe a marmite colour but I really like it. I also prefer the belly pan .

I would really appreciate members thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Pre Reg over a new bike any day. I work in the motor trade selling cars and Pre Reg's are always the best buys. Basically a brand new vehicle which has been registered to help the dealership achieve a sales target. Reduced price. Can't go wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully agree.
I'd have had that if I could have found one when I needed one.

Rosso, I totally agree with all the replies so far but just a quick one to discuss with your dealer.
In 2011 I bought a brand new GSA from Vines in Guilford, I flew down and rode it back to Scotland, all was well with the bike and within a week or two I received my warranty stuff through the post and it told me I had ONE year warranty as my bike was Approved Used, when my log book arrived it showed the bike was pre-reg which was news to me and I was the second owner after Vines.
Vines were not very helpful when I spoke to them about it and I had received no discount in the purchase price, something I would have pushed for as is normal practice for pre-reg bikes, this info was kept from me at every stage of the sales negotiations and I paid full price for the bike minus ?100 for my plane fare.
It was the warranty period that pissed me off the most though, luckily it was never needed.

Just make sure you are getting the two year warranty Rosso and you are onto a winner.

JimmyMac

Rosso, I totally agree with all the replies so far but just a quick one to discuss with your dealer.
In 2011 I bought a brand new GSA from Vines in Guilford, I flew down and rode it back to Scotland, all was well with the bike and within a week or two I received my warranty stuff through the post and it told me I had ONE year warranty as my bike was Approved Used, when my log book arrived it showed the bike was pre-reg which was news to me and I was the second owner after Vines.
Vines were not very helpful when I spoke to them about it and I had received no discount in the purchase price, something I would have pushed for as is normal practice for pre-reg bikes, this info was kept from me at every stage of the sales negotiations and I paid full price for the bike minus ?100 for my plane fare.
It was the warranty period that pissed me off the most though, luckily it was never needed.

Just make sure you are getting the two year warranty Rosso and you are onto a winner.

JimmyMac
Thanks very much for your reply JimmyMac. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience & appreciate you sharing it.

I fully expect to be the second owner as it's already registered under the dealers name but never ridden.
My understanding is the warranty offered on 'used' bikes has changed & now is a full 2 year from the day of purchase. I've also confirmed this is the full fat warranty & covers everything ( exactly the same as a new 2 yr warranty) & not the slightly diluted extended warranty ( essentially insurance).

I was unsure whether I was being offered a good deal on an outgoing model but so far the consensus seams the deal is fair.

However, any potential savings may be negated by the lower resale value ( eu3/ paint scheme & 2 owners ) but its something I will live with.

On a side not Jimmy, loving your bike!

Cheers

For the spec the price seems right and BMW give you the full 2years with a "used" bike so no need to worry about loosing warrenty.

Seen a 17 on ebay in black/grey for 14500 without the hp wheels.

For the spec the price seems right and BMW give you the full 2years with a "used" bike so no need to worry about loosing warrenty.

Seen a 17 on ebay in black/grey for 14500 without the hp wheels.
There's a 17 black/grey with 520 miles including HP wheels in Barrie Robson for just under 15K (before further discount).

Welcome to the forum Rosso!

I agree with the others, seems like a cracking deal. Hope you enjoy the bike as much as we all do and that you have no warranty concerns.

Enjoy the forum!

Oli

I initially thought the deal sounded competitive, now there is a 17 Pre Reg in red / white (black) with performance & forged wheels available for under ?15k. This also has an alarm & ABS pro not on the 66 Pre Reg bike.
This has just muddied the waters! If only I could get round the new 17 colour!
It's never simple.

That's another excellent deal, so if it's just the colour that you're not initially keen on, maybe try and think what it would look like with the red panels and tank cover replaced in CF? Wouldn't cost the earth and would change the look quite considerably.

"It's never simple", yea I know what you mean lol :).

I initially thought the deal sounded competitive, now there is a 17 Pre Reg in red / white (black) with performance & forged wheels available for under ?15k. This also has an alarm & ABS pro not on the 66 Pre Reg bike.
This has just muddied the waters! If only I could get round the new 17 colour!
It's never simple.

I like that colour, agree with Oli re C/F, given the '17 bike has only been out for mins I'm surprised at the size of discounts you've unearthed, can't be bad

Do it.... I like the colour scheme

4c30d4199b95b9659fc000c6bca4123d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back