2016 stock can noise level,,,,

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimmymak

Reaction score
I'm going to silverstone next Sunday and was wondering how the db level is on the stock can (2015/2016)

Has anyone been with a stock can with the baffle in or out??

Many thanks once again.

Sai.

Noise Testing

When I previously had my OEM exhaust noise tested it measured 100.5 dB at 5,500 rpm with the baffle left in.

Only makes 93db's at a steady 5500 rpm, the sound drop considerably when held at a steady Rev, think the set valve closes. Strange but try it, my yoshi passed at oulton but failed the drive by , so fitted standard without baffle and wasn't stopped after that !
hope that made sense ?

Only makes 93db's at a steady 5500 rpm, the sound drop considerably when held at a steady Rev, think the set valve closes. Strange but try it, my yoshi passed at oulton but failed the drive by , so fitted standard without baffle and wasn't stopped after that !
hope that made sense ?
You are right there..

A lot depends on where the testing points are around the track. I was black flagged on my stock 2015 S1K at Snetterton on the pit straight, 106db apparently.

What group you will be riding?
Ive been this year at silverstone and in inters they haven't check db just in fast group.

I'm in the novice group.
Also it's the training academy track day as this is my first time on a track ever so I wanted to be shown the ropes.

Any other advise anyone wants to chip in?

You won't be getting black flagged for noise on a BMW training day bimmy assuming you've got a stock exhaust on, that really would be crazy. Advice? Check your oil level before you go, fill up with fuel before you get there so you're not fannying about finding fuel after your forst session, drop your tyre pressures a few psi, pull your mirrors in and enjoy it

Last edited:
Cool.

Many thanks for that.

i know most have done track days here but I'll post Anyway after and share my experience.

Can't wait 😱
Just hope it stays dry.

Latest posts

Back