2015 weird swinging arm noise

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

B33fys

Reaction score
Hey guys, you will all think I'm such a moan!!

So my bike just doesn't feel right on the rear end and the suspension feels very sluggish and feel every bump. Came home after a wee run and put the bike on its side stand to have a looky. If I put my hand on the tyre and pull the wheel over in the direction of the side stand there's a creaking noise coming from the pivot arm on the swing arm, then when I wiggle the tyre I can feel slight play (hard to tell if it's the wheel bearings but the wheel seems to be nice and fixed in between the swingarm. I can actually feel the creaking at the swingarm pivot point if I put my hand near it on the swingarm.

any help is appreciated. Bike has done 5k miles.

Swingarm

It could be any number of issues, or nothing at all, but without seeing or riding the bike it's quite hard to diagnose any problem; particularly with the swingarm. If in doubt your best option is just to take it to your local BMW dealership and have them check it over.

Yeah wheel nut is torqued. There's Deffo some movement there, when you pull the wheel over towards yourself. Must be the roads around Aberdeen area that's done this lol.

Yeah going to take it down to BMW today.

Only seems to do it after I've been for a run aswell so the bike is hot, as you's know the bottom part of the frame etc gets really hot to the touch

Back