2015 s1000rr quirks / issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StevieG

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new 2015 s1000rr owner and am loving the bike however I have notice a few "quirks" which I was hoping some of you could elaborate / give advice on:

The wiring loom gets gets trapped at full lock on the right side - dealer said this was normal?!

My HP Akraprovic didn't come with the DB killer - again dealer said it was normal?

The side stand is very stiff to put down (it's ok putting it back up)

The auto blipper doesn't always seem to work - I understand you have to shut the throttle but does it only work after a certain rpm like quick shifters up do when up shifting? (I have the HP rearsets if that makes a difference)

How the hell do you get the lean angle to show on the display :)

The handle bars have quite a bit of vibration how have people solved this?

Do BMW make carbon lower fairing to swap out the unpainted plastic? :)

Thanks in advance!

Steve

I cant answer all your questions, I'm sure others will, but my advice based on my own '15RR experience is run your bike in, get a couple of thousand miles on the clock and it all comes together. You'll get used to how it works, the gearbox gets better and better the more you use it, the engine and vibes smooth out and things like trapping the wiring loom on full lock don't matter. As for the lean angle, check out the manual, it tells you how to do it and once you've got it displayed you'll become obsessed with checking it out after each ride. Its a brilliant bike and you'll soon forget about the 'quirks'.

I've just put grip puppies over my grips they feel a bit thicker at first but they take out a lot of the buzz in the bars

Carbon king does all the carbon panels you will need for these, I don't know what the quality is like yet but can update in a few days.

Thanks for the responses :) I should have said I purchased a nearly new one so it have a couple of thousand miles on the clock so should be bedded in by now! ( it was nice not have to go through that process for once!)

Dont get me wrong I'm really enjoying riding it - it might be the best bike I've owned and I've been through a lot of sports bikes!

Yep my loom gets trapped on right lock. The quickshifter on up shifts is the worst I've used to be honest. The Translogic on my GSXR1000 was as smooth as silk. The BM item works better with higher RPM but never as good as the Translogic. It's won't get better after some more miles, it's a software issue I believe.

Akrapović HP Baffle

My HP Akraprovic didn't come with the DB killer - again dealer said it was normal?

The Akrapović HP slip-on exhausts are no longer supplied with a baffle as standard. They are sold seperately and can either be purchased directly from your BMW dealership for ?54.45 or from Calsport for around ?45. It passes trackday noise testing with ease without one fitted and the only time you may need one is if you attend a quiet 98 dB trackday at Donington Park.

BMW HP Carbon Fibre Parts

The following HP carbon fibre parts are available from BMW for the 2015 S1000RR. They are extremely good quality, with OEM fitment, but are rather expensive...

HP Carbon Fibre Front Mudguard
HP Carbon Fibre Chain Guard
HP Carbon Fibre Rear Mudguard
HP Carbon Fibre Airbox Cover
HP Carbon Fibre Tank Cover
HP Carbon Fibre Heel Guards
HP Carbon Fibre Lower Fairings
HP Carbon Fibre Fairing Side Panels

Heel angle as it's called in the manual is on p.117. It's in set up/equipment/bank the default is DISP OFF so toggle through to ON. While you're in there toggle your DTC DISP to ON and BRAKE DISP to ON. They'll show current and max DTC torque reduction and current and max braking rate.

Enjoy the bike and don't focus too long on the bank angle while giving it the berries :cower:

Back