2015 S1000RR Depreciation?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cavey

Reaction score
Hi folks....quick question: What would be the depreciation on a new 2015 S1k in year 1? Lets say for example the bike cost ?15k new, what would be the estimated value (trade & private sale?) next year with approx 5k miles?

I'm not planning on selling, but just need to work out how much i'm likely to lose in year 1? :moody:

Cheers!

They say that as soon as a new vehicle leaves the show room you lose the VAT - so that ?2,500 of your hard earn't ?15k :confusion:

One year old and 5,000 miles - what you are offered will depend on what you part ex it for, And how thieving the Salesman feels!!

Thanks Parley.....i guess-timate a dealer would offer ?10-10.5k against a 2016 and a private sale might increase to around ?12k? Am i warm? :culpability:
From what i've seen so far i can't think why anyone would change to a 2016 bike tho?! Just a crappy minor colour change?! :hororr:

2015 S1000RR Depreciation

I fully expected to lose at least ?3,000 in value as soon as my bike left the showroom floor. Not surprising really as it's always the same when buying new.

I don't agree with the above , you don't instantly lose all the vat , it doesn't work like that IMHO
I bought a KTM 1190 had it 11 months did 8k miles and lost 3.5K , and beemers don't lose that sort of money.
its also the latest model so its residual value will usually hold better until a facelift comes out.
11.5K - 12K would be my guess depending on the bits you put on it

Mines got 8.5k already. Want to use and enjoy it not worry about value

I like your approach, why have a toy and not play with it? ;)

compared to car depreciation, bike depreciation is a gift. My last bike cost me ?1k a year average over 6 years, the last sports car I had cost me ?80k over 8 years.

I like your approach, why have a toy and not play with it? ;)

compared to car depreciation, bike depreciation is a gift. My last bike cost me ?1k a year average over 6 years, the last sports car I had cost me ?80k over 8 years.

It all comes down to cost per smile!! No point in having a bike and keeping mileage down to preserve value. I can't work out some people who advertise a bike e for sale which is say 3+ years old and only covered 1,500 miles (usually a Ducati !) What is the point?

I put 40k miles on my Gixxer and enjoyed every minute! :eek:nthego:......same plan with the 2015 as long as it behaves itself!

Latest posts

Back