2015 RR Lean angle readings...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know what you mean - more hero's on a weekend session too :/
But living away now I have to take the opportunities I can.

I will have to see if I can get a bit closer to your corner speeds...was hoping for a tow! lol

No,just a small slide trying a (too)tight line at the hairpin.Minimal damage to the track bodywork and crash protectors,Slight scratch on the tank but not dented.
Mind you,I'm glad I went for the lightec rearsets with folding pegs!
At least I could ride it back and avoid the shame of being picked up!

Yes, have just got the grippy pegs for fold-ups

Here's a link to my video at Snetterton on Monday:

Hi Baz,

Thanks for posting.

I noticed you start to scrub off speed at the first breaking marker down the Bentley straight. I was told to use the bridge as the breaking point, but always found myself going in too hot into Brundle, ruining the lines, so going to try your technique :).

Nice to see the bike obliterate everyone else on the straights!

TBH if I was hitting 172 on Bentley I'd be braking earlier too! That's bonkers, but a factor of carrying more corner speed before hand.

I think I brake (@150mph) before the 200m board.

I've tried various methods braking there,I prefer to apply light pressure then just keep squeezing harder and harder!
I also noticed during BSB testing that the superstock 1000's were braking at the first marker.
Of course,where to brake is relevant to speed.

As for braking at the bridge,the chap who told you was probably referring to a 125!(or in motogp).

Got my knee down circling roundabouts on an industrial estate... when I saw dash I was shocked... 58 deg!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG1817_1.jpg
    IMAG1817_1.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back