2015 new brake pads

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
Have just had my new pads delivered for my 2015 and was a bit surprised at how little pad material is on the new ones, I have not removed the old ones yet but wanted to see what you lot thought.

Dean

IMG_1742_zpst768iggl.jpg

Front Brake Pads

They look completely normal and you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Front Brake Pads

For comparison here are pictures of new Brembo Z04 and HP Race front brake pads.

IMG_2509_zpsyojfwdcv.jpg

P1070236_zps3ji8ydya.jpg

The amount of pad material will be pretty much identical as they are all designed to fit the standard OEM calipers. The only difference between brake pads is generally the material used which will vary significantly between race and road compounds.

Thanks for that, ye I realise about the compounds was just a little bit surprised about the lack of material as seam to remember my Gsxr 1000 had a more when they where replaced.
Will stick them in and get them bedded in on way to service next sat

Dean

Took this in Spain when I was monitoring how low we could go until we lost braking effect or lever feel. Still had them in at first session of Donny. :):)
The initial expense actually pays off.

2833eb26f83b6f07c3156c366d25b3f4.jpg

I accidentally got down to bare metal on one pad at Donington last year. The first I knew about it was a grinding noise/feel. Bike still stopped though, phew!

Haha. Bet what was a bloody twitchy moment in the pants area. :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hi All,
Changed the pads tonight and thought would show you what came out.

Dean

IMG_1752_zpschwkael1.jpg

That's excellent. Were they still plenty effective?
Stock pads?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brake Pad Wear Limits

For reference:

Front Brake Pad minimum thickness: 0.8 mm.
Rear Brake Pad minimum thickness: 1.0 mm.

I had mine down to the backing plate at Almeria. Had to nip into the city to get some replacements.

Back