2015 display brightness - adjustable?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
Hi all,

When in daylight the display often shuts off the backlight. Ive been through the manual and not found any adjustment settings...

Anybody found a setting/way around?

Cheers
D

I don't know about the S but I know on the 1200RT the display brightness is adjustable but the display still auto adjusts due to sunlight

Thanks guys. I was hoping there was an overide - switch off sensor...??

Found it hard to read a few times - although its only during slow traffic when v useful.

Thanks guys. I was hoping there was an overide - switch off sensor...?? Found it hard to read a few times - although its only during slow traffic when v useful.
I'll check to see if there's any settings on our diagnostic tool but I doubt there will be... You could try tape over the sensor but I don't know how well that'd work!

I'll check to see if there's any settings on our diagnostic tool but I doubt there will be... You could try tape over the sensor but I don't know how well that'd work!
Cheers bud. I guess if taped up it'll think it's dark AND.... we'll see tomorrow when i try ;)

Display Brightness

You can alter the display brightness in the setup menu on the 2015/16 model. It can be found by entering the 'SETUP EQUIPMENT' menu and selecting the 'DISP BRIGHT' option to adjust it. For reference details can be found on p111 of the Owner's Manual.

Right, I'm doing this as soon as I get home! I was on the bike for a few hours yesterday and the dash is pretty dark without the back light... Cheers!!

No luck - basically the screen backlight only comes on when the sensor registers a level of darkness. It's a small niggle but when hussling the bike and you want a quick glimpse im missing the detail in some lighting conditions... wonder how gear indicator on the track will be!?

May be ECU mod?

No luck - basically the screen backlight only comes on when the sensor registers a level of darkness. It's a small niggle but when hussling the bike and you want a quick glimpse im missing the detail in some lighting conditions... wonder how gear indicator on the track will be!?

May be ECU mod?

If your RPM's are right then you're in the right gear, no need to know which gear.

If your RPM's are right then you're in the right gear, no need to know which gear.
Yup that's typically it, i hardly ever look at the clock on track, but it can be useful in sighting laps: working out where to short-shift, learning best corner entry... RPMs/power output can be modified during the day to make moves on others.

On the road ive noticed a few times i cant make out shit - looks dark/has reflections in it. Like i said small niggle but never noticed it on my 2nd gen.

Think ill keep the bike though ;)

It got derestricted today but i havent had a chance to ride this eve - looking forward to climbing over 9k revs!!

Back