2014 rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave80h

Reaction score
Anyone else see MCN today with the picture of what is believed to be the revised S1000RR? Pic didn't really show much but they reckon it will have HP4 suspension and the new Bosch ABS. Could be tempting if it's correct.

Last edited:
Yep I did. The exhaust has changed to what looks like a cat in the end can set up about time so you can watch the sump corrode without the collector getting in the way.

Also looks like it has a different quickshifter.

As for the suspension and electronic improvements,that is a logical move because it wouldn't actually cost them much.

HP4 owners will probably whinge but it should keep their bikes fairly exclusive.

Apparently,orders are still going in for HP4s with vague delivery times yet s1000 sales are down,so they need to do something.

As an aside,I had a session on the HP4 the other day at Snetterton and I thought the suspension was brilliant.

It does seem like a very natural progression having the HP4 suspension, hopefully it won't hike up the price of the S1000 too much.

Adjustable TC would be nice, an optional interface to play with the bikes setting would be nicer.

Paint work that didn't jump off the bike at the thought of a stone hitting it and cush drive rubbers not made of cheese, o and a quickshifter that worked properly everytime would be good as well

Really the underside of my tail unit was wrecked after a few hundred miles, the finish on the edges of each piece were dry and badly finished and the seat cowl wore throught to the plastic on the front 2 edges within a few rides after fitting it. Got the whole rear end replace under warranty due to "thin paint" along with the top front tank cover section that had a soft spot in it that looked like a paint run.

Tbh I love my bike performance wise but the build quality is absolutely shocking imo and worse than dare I say it an old Kawasaki.

Quick shifter wise mine works fine until the chain gets very slightly slacker and I don't mean slack just slacker. They seem to be very sensitive to chain tension which causes false neutrals and missed gears and delayed shifting with the quick shifter where it sounds like its cutting the ignition but cant decide if it wants to go in quickly or think about it for a second

I'm a bit religious (anal) on checking my chain so perhaps thats why I've not had that problem.

My bike hasn't been without faults, so i agree on build quality, just not paintwork and quickshifter.

My favourite fault so far, because of how petty it was, 3 fairing bolts holding down the windscreen flew out all at same time doing around 90, had visor up and caught myself a fairing bolt brunch.

I dont like the look of that exhaust, looks like something off the BMW K1600,, I would however, like to have the Suspension from the HP4 without the cost :barbershop_quartet_

Last edited:
likewise the exhaust isn't to my taste, but i doubt it would ship as standard with a branded exhaust

lmao people shove there bike in cold moist garages with no heating - don't bother to put any oil on the chain and then cry when they see rust.

Build quality worse that a Kawasaki - bollox, I have owned 5 Ninjas not even close mate. Kawasaki Customer service is the worst on the planet to boot.

There had to be give and take with a bike that came with the list below For the money it cost.

Race ABS
Race TC
Slipper clutch
shifter

Go and try and get the above added to any bike and your looking at big bucks. Dunno what some people want...... BMW to come to their house and oil their facking chain for them.

ok rant over!!

Have to agree with Lumpy about the build quality vs Kawasaki's, i've had a few Ninjas and i believe it was impossible to remove any fairing panel without the plastic connectors snapping off, the BMW is not that bad.....its not Honda good though, but then its still a relatively new bike.

Don't get me wrong I love my bike but its probably the worst bike I have owned for faults and build quality but I also think that build quality across all brands has gone down hill in recent years. People say Honda build quality, has anyone seen the list of problems that the new blades have? A lad I know had one and I complain about stone chips but his stone chip was a 1" round hole in the front fairing which apparently is pretty common for blades.

I'm an S1000 man now through and through but i've owned 6 ninja's over the years and I actually can't knock the build quality in my experience.

Yeah, like I have said don't get me wrong I absolutely love my s1000rr and cant think of another bike I would even consider replacing it with. But I do think the build quality is lacking and could be better. My 2010 r1 had its niggles but in my opinion it was better built and the components seemed to be of a higher quality. I think it is the one thing that lets the bike down a little especially when you consider its a good few thousand pounds more than the competition.

I think to sum it up I would recommend anyone goes out and buys on tomorrow if they could afford a new one but would definitely not recommend one in a few years with no warranty as I could imagine them turning into a massive money pit with some big big repair bills

Latest posts

Back