2010 start up flashing lights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moggy23

Reaction score
Hi all just picked up my 1st BMW s1000rr 2010 model
Having never owned one before I was shocked to see 2 flashing lights when I started the bike up

The 1st one comes on red and flashes but goes out soon after pulling away
The 2nd is amber and flashing but stays on during riding

Having been new to this type of bike I'm concerned I have issues so soon after picking it up

I have no owners manual with the bike

Can some one tell me if I need to panic???

Hi, please pop a post in the welcome section as per forum rules so we know a bit about you and your bike background, it helps members answer your queries and is friendly. :)

Depends which light is staying lit yellow as to what it means, could just be the traction control has been turned off.

one is the ABS, the other the traction control.
both can be turned off manually - in which case light shows.
Check whether they have been turned off - if not then may be faulty sensor

Ok I have no rider manual at present so not sure what they mean
The top one is red the middle one is amber
I'd like both to be activated
If so would they both go out once riding or would they stay on if activated?

Ok the red one goes off after 5 seconds of riding the amber stays on
I'll have a look to try and activate both and see what happens!
Surely a red light coming on when turning ignition on is a bad thing???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I'm out tomorrow morning around 9am so can swing over to catch up with u and I've downloaded a manual so hoping I can get the light issue sorted

Hi, you can turn off/on the ABS and TC by pressing and holding the ABS/DTC button on your LH switchgear. Another thing to have a quick check for are the 2 x DTC sensors that are mounted at the front and rear wheels. They should ideally be approx 1.5mm - 2mm from the ring. Good luck and hopefully you sort it soon. 👍🏻 Oh, and on the Gen 1 they should be red and yellow in case you were wondering.

So if both are activated should they be illuminated once I've pulled away on the bike or should no lights be showig

Neither light should be illuminated if the ABS and DTC are turned on i.e. working properly and your riding along. 👍🏻

Back