2010 SK1 WITHOUT DTC explained.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6I6Z6A

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just wondering if someone can explain a little to regarding the modes, I have a 2010 s1000rr WITHOUT DTC, well it does not have the DTC/ABS button above the modes setting switch, can someone explain to me how my modes work do I have any sort of traction control will it flip if you give it full beans in say race/sport/slick modes. I?m really sorry but I just wanted to clarify as there is plenty on-line regarding turning DTC off etc but my bike does not have the DTC button at all, this is my first 1000 and I just want to be safe than sorry and now exactly what I am covered for or if I am covered at all when flying down the twists.

2010 s1000rr without DTC

Modes how they work?

Do I still have traction control?

Do I have dual braking?

Will it flip if I give it full beans?

When they first released the S1000rr you could buy them with or without the DTC, it sounds like you have one of the bikes without the traction control.

Some racers had them, at one point there was a deal on the green ones with no DTC

Last edited:
Thanks, so it does not have any Traction Control or ABS at all?

it was an option when first release rim pretty sure you could get a s1000rr and a s1000rr sport, think the sport pack included the TC and abs, in a nutshell yes it will wheelie :) i imagine the modes will relate to throttle, ie rain will have a softer map possibly less power, all the way up to slick which will be the most aggressive throttle opening etc! to be honest the anti wheelie is a pain in the ass at times!!!

So basically I just brought me a wild bear with no chains.. nice, this is my first 1K bike and I got 193BHP to try and tame with my right wrist. any tips on not binning it on the first bend?

You could call your local BMW dealer and quote the Vin number or reg number and they should be able to give you the original spec of your bike.
There was a very small amount of original 2010 bikes sold without the sport pack, if I remember correctly my local dealer sold just 1 in 2010.

this is my first 1K bike and I got 193BHP to try and tame with my right wrist. any tips on not binning it on the first bend?
Dont ride beyond your limit. Treat the bike with respect and it will give you a big smile.

Take a bit of training if you feel that you need it.

Thanks for the tips lads..

If I do get hold of the tec specs for the different modes I will post it here..

So basically I just brought me a wild bear with no chains.. nice, this is my first 1K bike and I got 193BHP to try and tame with my right wrist. any tips on not binning it on the first bend?

You don't have abs or dtc from what you described. From personal experience the bike has great traction and great brakes so riding it safely is not impossible. I rarely get abs activated on my bike, but I do often get the TC stepping in when I am winding it up out of corners, you won't. So take it easy :).

I will take it easy, my previous bike was a R6 and I did over 15,000 miles on that, I know you can NOT compare but as long as I ride within my means I should be ok.

Btw I checked last night there is no ABS ring on the front calipers.

Just got off the phone to dealer and he informed me it has no traction control or abs what so ever. The modes simply cut engine power and power delivery.

Thanks for clarifying on that guys.

Latest posts

Back