20 Quid Oil Change using B and M Carlube oil

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So.. kinda came to my senses took that cheap oil back to the shop. Then decided as its not a bad day Ill jump up to Glasgow and get some 5/40.. no chance ! Went into J and S, Ducati and Infinity ? (New place)....none... called Mickey Oates none...BMW EK Parts dept shut Halfords despite adevertising Castrol 1 none in stock ANYWHERE ... think someones going like "Just get it into the dealers ya big dafty" ?

Stuart

Victor divines? Or there is a place in the east end, can't remember where now that you get Miller oils. You need to phone them first though, as they are a distributed, and not gate teed to be anyone at the yard.

not sure what Miller oil is like for bikes, has a decent reputation for cars though

How easy is changing the oil on the S1k? Much of. The fairings needed removed?

Not done one myself but drain plug is easily accessed on my HP4, i think i may have to take belly off to access filter by the looks of it... anyhow im just back a rapid blast up and down to the Welly.... fantastic, roads were dry and light traffic.... whos worried about oil changes lol

Stuart

Last edited:
Drop the belly pan , warm the engine (save burning fingers on hot engine ) undo the drain plug and then remove filter ..... Allow to drain , put new filter on, replace oil plug in, replace oil . Approx 3.4ltr with filter , replace belly pan ... All in 40 mins and then off into the make believe world of taking Marquez round the outside of the A6 roundabout on the way to work .......

Latest posts

Back