190 or 200 rear tyre?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
190 - more tyre choices, lighter, less lean angle for a given speed (I think)

200 - more contact patch at lean

Thanks, the bike came on a 190. I'm changing the tyres and it's make my mind up time. I'm guessing the 200 is slightly taller?

Remember one manufacturers 190 can be bigger than another's 200. It's all daft. Similar to Fork oIl. 10W is meaningless.

On the road I prefer 180/60 or 190/60's as they feel more neutral and in step with the front. 200's always feel like they what to tip slower than the front.

Track if I still have to balls and practice to push the bike a 200/60 on the Gen 3 and 200/55 on the Gen 4 as I like the effortless steering of the std Gen 4. Personally raising the rear end ie 60 and I loose that effortless steering. IMHO

i generally run 200/55 on my gen 1, can't say noticed massive difference from the 190 it used to run, generally pirelli rosso corsa of some sort, though had bridgestones originaly. I've jacked the back up on the ride hight adjuster so not tried the 60 profile. couple of track days a year mostly road blasting about 5k per annum. havent needed to do anything with TC but run in slick most of the time anyway

Decided to stick with the 190/55. I've used Rosso Corsa's in that size for years on different bikes, and always been happy with them.

Latest posts

Back