17 reg RR HELP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr500kev

Reaction score
Hi all I am getting a 17 reg RR very soon.
I do not like the look of the silencers for this model.
Can I put the 15 16 reg system on this bike as they look much better.
Also I want to run full akro system
How do I go about tuning mods.
I will need a pcv i can't find one been searching ???
Anyone running a 17 plate with full system who can help
Be appreciated. 👍

Exhausts

Have a search through the Forum as there are multiple threads covering the issues associated with fitting a full exhaust system, and types of fuel management modules available, for the 2017 S1000RR.

Why do you want a 15-16 system if your getting a full akra anyways?

You can buy a full akra will look like all the other models on all the other bikes and then you can buy a aftermarket carbon belly pan to cover that horrible gap the cat leaves

Hi the 17 reg exhaust systems on the market looks shocking ugly as.
I just want to put a system the same as I running on my zx10r hex carbon arkapovic full system.

I ain't full of knowledge when comes to mapping tuning all this gizmo stuff.
Apparently the ecu is meant to adapt to the new exhaust.
what I have read on the net the adapting ecu doesn't iron out all the problems bike running smooth etc.
I just spoken to BMW dealer manchester and he said if I get a full akrapovic system anyway it will void the warranty on a new bike. Thought was bit weird as the advertise these systems on there site.
I have Just typed in warrenty void s1000rr exhaust in google And some post mentioned riders of Cardiff BMW dealer.
I Just phoned them up nice chap
He said he had 17 RR full akrapovic system had all the gizmos to iron out all the issues
And this did not help.
He eventually had to send the Ecu to BMW Germany who flashed it and that solved all the problems the bike had. And this doesn't affect the warranty.
This is gonna be an exspensive journey 😬

ECU flash will effect the warranty, a PC5 will effect the warranty, A full system will effect the warranty ONLY if you have a problem that could relate to any of these things. BUT, If you do "God forbid" have an engine problem, you easily swap everything out and set it to stock then give BMW the bike and they have no knowledge you have modded it.

A full system without a remap is bad, You are right the ECU does adjust slightly but not enough, You'll be running very lean which could effect your engine, If you want a full exhaust get a map done.

No it doesn't void the warranty.
On the '17 you'll get a lot of pops and cracks from the exhaust on the over run.
I will be mapping mine via a RapidBike Race. But it has run for 2000miles without one on and off track.

- Sent from Mobile

I just spoken to another chap at Chester BMW he said his customers all have systems on and don't effect the warranty.
He also says when they BMW fit the exhaust they put a enabling code on the ecu to make it work fine no one had any problems.
I don't know what to do
Lol 🤔

It will effect your warranty if you have a system + PC5 or ECU, If there is an engine problem that they are able to link to you changing the exhaust they will punish you for it.

No get whatever you want but if there is a problem take it off. It will void warranty and they will find any excuse to link what ever problem you have to fitting an aftermarket exhaust.

Just to recap, yes you can fit a full system and tune the bike via a fuel management module (I'd recommend Rapid Bike) without any warranty concerns.
However, IF there was a major engine issue, you would need to return the bike to stock prior to taking it to BMW.
As Felix says, a manufacturer will always look to void the warranty if possible.

Bare in mind, as Alex says, the popping and banging on closing throttle becomes very loud with a full system.

Last edited:
Warranty

Full Exhaust System + Fuel Management System = Full Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Coding / Race ECU Activation = Restricted Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + Third Party ECU Flash = Warranty Void.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Race Calibration Kit = Warranty Void.

Full Exhaust System + Fuel Management System = Full Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Coding / Race ECU Activation = Restricted Warranty.
Full Exhaust System + Third Party ECU Flash = Warranty Void.
Full Exhaust System + BMW HP Race Calibration Kit = Warranty Void.
What's best option cheapest if poss

Re: Warranty

What's the best option what you reccomend cheapest if possible

I would recommend a full system of your choosing and a Rapid Bike Race fuel module.

@alex and @Jay S1000rr can provide more information on Rapid Bike and there is discounted pricing through the forum

Re: Warranty

Cheers for that I'll wait for some info on this the rapid bike fuel module see if they have any probs with it
👍

Options

The most cost effective option is to buy a full exhaust system which suits your budget and a fuel management module. The BMW HP options are designed specifically for race / track use only and are not cheap. As for third party ECU flashing it is quite frankly overrated and will immediately void your warranty.

My RapidBike will be fitted on the 5th. Intend to produce dyno sheets, pictures, video

- Sent from Mobile

Hi. I fitted Rapidbike and had it mapped. Every Rapidbike module now sold for the 2017+ s1000rr will hold this base map and will auto adapt to best suit the bike it is fitted to.
It is a piggyback unit meaning no warranty issues, and with a small device called an aldori bypass will allow the user to plug the adori in and it completely bypasses the puggyback module so manufacturers wouldnt know it was there.
It is the ONLY solution available at present. BMW cannot / will not flash the 2017 Ecu due to Euro 4 compliance laws.
Fitting a full system eliminates the cat, unless u keep the system road legal . If the cat removed its not legal therefor bmw are not allowed by law to adjust the Ecu parameters to suit the lack of cat. This is why they have locked everyone out.
There was for the 2016 and below a bmw rck system but this does not work with the 2017.
Rapidbike is the only fueling module suppliers to incorporate the lambda sensors , hence being only company to being able to sort out the AFR,s on the 2017 Euro 4 compliant machines .
Highly recommend the conical akra system with Rapidbike Racing module. To fit both u are looking at 3-3.5 hours labour charge max . No need to pay for a dyno tester to build a map as they can not. Always worth paying for a dyno run to see where ur bike at.
Best of luck with it

Jay

Hi you say every rapid bike module has sold for 17 model is that from your shop?

Back