12k Service - Bahnstormer (Alton)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
The bike is that fast, its on the bench having its 12k service done... (17 months in)

5ef1c7381becb98584e11e3006cd46ed.jpg

And I still have a hard on - until I hand over the cash then go all floppy.... but the blood starts flowing in the right places once I select 1st :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do love the office safety bike.... if I could change/wrap mine, this is what I would do.... Budgie??

cfe22e8d36b15a0a3b570bce994c8318.jpg

Last edited:
How does the BvG machine look under the lights and in the flesh?
The work looks great and I now understand the colour application on the wheels was to ape the Bahnstormers logo.

Yes, sounds like you may be parting with a few coppers there.
I think it depends very much on your riding style & nature of journeys.
12k miles sounds about right.

Yes, sounds like you may be parting with a few coppers there.
I think it depends very much on your riding style & nature of journeys.
12k miles sounds about right.

25 miles per day...into Central London and back home with the odd weekend blat !

Yes, hard accelerate from the lights, away from the hoards of Lycra crews and then hard onto the brakes 200m later :-/

In that case you're being robbed. Demand they give you a new bike under warranty;-)

How the kid on the back doesn't fall off with that hard accelerating and braking is beyond me!

(Avatar)

964ef28302808fbe7a7afa46f17c9eab.jpg

Oh, and they said the interference flap is rattling ... so Down Pipes needs changing (under warranty) .... booked in for 6 weeks times.

As for the other bits, can do them myself/help of others at a fraction of the cost

The actual cost of the 12k service was ?210.00

Last edited:
Just fit an Akro system, that'll fix the rattle

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
But would invalidate the warranty I guess...?

I would like to know what the price difference would be...

Bahnstormers fitted mine, didn't say anything about warranty and its a damn sight newer/younger.

Bmw sell Akra, they can't turn around and give you any grief or they are basically saying they don't rate what they sell!!

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back