Helmet Painting

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Thanks to that windy day in April 2 weeks after I bought my Arai I now need to get it painted.

Ally at Bikepaints is an option but theres a few lads on here who know people..any recs ?

Sent from Galaxy S7

Aye Kenny, I remember you told me before, looks shit hot. Ally from Bikepaints was wanting 500... Honestly I'd be better buying a new lid as they cost 500 quid.

I've e mailed them....I'll let you know what the score is when they reply.. thanks man

Rich-Art Concepts

I use Rich-Art Concepts for my helmets. I just received my new Arai helmet from them and turnaround time is around 3 weeks during the off season. Costs vary and are based on your design brief. I would highly recommend the very personalised service that they provide and the result is always outstanding. Their website is linked below and they provide race paint for a lot of the top riders in BSB and several in the WSBK and MotoGP paddocks. It's also worth noting that they are one of only a handful of Arai approved painters in the UK such is the quality of their work.

www.richartconcepts.co.uk/

Thanks for that... Ryan Rich says you were a lovely guy.. ( not sure hes got the right guy there..lol) kiddin....

So ON TO HYDRO DIPPING.. I can get my lid done for ?130 I need to strip and rebuild it which I think is straightforward... any design color etc..

Anyhone had their lid done this way... I really need to reconsider blowing 500 quid on a 500 quid value helmet ! 130 sounds more commonsense

Sent from Galaxy S7

Last edited:
Rich-Art Concepts

Rich-Art Concepts are great to work with and you do get a very personalised product at the end of it. My helmet is based on some classic Australian WSBK rider's designs after being inspired when I was at Phillip Island at the start of the year. If you keep your helmet for a few seasons then it's certainly worth doing especially as the result is unique. The cost for me was largely offset by being an ACU licence holder which gives you access to the Arai race discount scheme from the UK importer MotoDirect.

IMG_2257_zps6wddtsos.jpg

Most of the helmet painters look as though they know what they are doing.. unfortunately its a long queue you join.. im thinking of the hydro dipping now.. need to strip my Arai..wonder if theres a video showing the procedure....

Sent from Galaxy S7

Arai

I personally wouldn't dismantle a new Arai helmet as you will void the warranty. Instead I would take it to any Arai 5* dealership, or Arai DNA Centre, and they will be able to do it for you.

Latest posts

Back