2014 S 1000 RR recall???

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanictp

Reaction score
Hello i am going to buy a used 2014 s 1000 rr from Germany and the guy that have it says that BMW has done a recall but he doesn't know for what reason.

I dont know where he bought the bike from and i can't speak their language. How can i find what was the recall?

I have only the vin number Z041904

I need your help please

Hi Mechanictp, my 2013 HP4 was recalled to check the side stand was fitted correctly as were many other s1000rr models, but they were spread over 2012-2013 I don't know if it was as long as 2014. If you call your local dealer with the chassis number they will be able to tell you if there is anything outstanding to be checked and what recalls have been done on that bike. I did this a few weeks ago on a 2010 bike and my dealer gave me all the recall info over the phone as regards what and when it was done.

JimmyMac

Thank you for your response of course i will try to find out from a dealer, but here in Greece can says that everything work well and everybody want to help you so thats why i ask here

Thank you again

My local dealer Alan Jeffries has said if anyone wants to know bike service history or recall info, their service department is happy to give that information freely over the phone (if the work has been done by a BMW dealership, otherwise it won't be available). Their website is bmwbikes.co.uk

I have a photo of his service book but it doesn't say something. The recall was done by Bmw dealership somewhere in Stuttgart. I will try to contact my dealership on Monday

I have the 2014 and as far as I know there have been no recalls on it, i have owned it from new and got it in June 14! I would be interested ti know if there any recalls on my model.

I have the 2014 and as far as I know there have been no recalls on it, i have owned it from new and got it in June 14! I would be interested ti know if there any recalls on my model.

I'm the same as you, I bought my 2014 new in April 2014 and haven't had any recall notices

Latest posts

Back