installing a Powercommander and autotune

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys who have fitted one of these the vid doesn't show tapping the gear position sensor,
gonna give it a go tomorrow will follow the instructions in the box....whats the worst that can happen? ;)

if i remember rightly you only had to tap the TPS , that was it , didnt see any other connections ??
Have i missed somert

I never understand why you would need this unless you were on the track,Iam sure this bike stock is capable of time travel! :eek:

You dont understand why you need to have the engine fueled correctly? ;)

Better spending 300 quid on this than 500 sheets on an end can that does feck all lol

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=466.msg8688#msg8688 date=1339272259 said:
I never understand why you would need this unless you were on the track,Iam sure this bike stock is capable of time travel! :eek:
More noise! That's why.
Yep there was a second connection for the gear position sensor so can be mapped for each gear! :D

Was a doddle to fit, wish I could say the same about the exhaust! Removing the stock one is a complete pig!! Piece of piss to fit the akra system! :p

andybarsblade link=topic=466.msg8690#msg8690 date=1339272715 said:

Better spending 300 quid on this than 500 sheets on an end can that does feck all lol
Of course,but really tell how much of an advantage? I got the Akrapovic on mine because it looked better than standard. So your saying BMW have set the fuelling up wrong and getting this makes the world of difference? Still don't see the point,if you have this for the road,your wasting your money,I'd rather buy parts on my bike so people can see and admire them,not waste time putting a power commander on.

babarr46 link=topic=466.msg8691#msg8691 date=1339273085 said:
Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=466.msg8688#msg8688 date=1339272259 said:
More noise! That's why.
Yep there was a second connection for the gear position sensor so can be mapped for each gear! :D

Was a doddle to fit, wish I could say the same about the exhaust! Removing the stock one is a complete pig!! Piece of piss to fit the akra system! :p
More noise,oh dear,so you don't think the s1k sounds nice standard? Still a waste in my view,and again unless there are advantages on the track,for which I'm sure there are,spending your money on it for street riding is a waste. If you want it louder just remove your CAT.

BMW made a monster of a bike & mr EU made him strangle it to meet noise & emission standards, I say F the EU let my bike breathe and fuel as BMW intended & bring the NOISE! :eek:

babarr46 link=topic=466.msg8696#msg8696 date=1339273516 said:
BMW made a monster of a bike & mr EU made him strangle it to meet noise & emission standards, I say F the EU let my bike breathe and fuel as BMW intended & bring the NOISE! :eek:
Lol,ok I hear ya,I hold my hands up he he. I find when screaming over my engine noise give similar results anyway ;D

Boardsofnorfolk link=topic=466.msg8692#msg8692 date=1339273103 said:

Of course,but really tell how much of an advantage? I got the Akrapovic on mine because it looked better than standard. So your saying BMW have set the fuelling up wrong and getting this makes the world of difference? Still don't see the point,if you have this for the road,your wasting your money,I'd rather buy parts on my bike so people can see and admire them,not waste time putting a power commander on.

But my bike isnt standard it has a full system so no cat and a race air filter so it needs to be remapped to compensate. Im not wasting my money i buy parts to make my bike lighter - faster and handle better. In my opinion you're wasting your money buying parts for looks to pose down the pub. :)

andybarsblade link=topic=466.msg8700#msg8700 date=1339273766 said:

But my bike isnt standard it has a full system so no cat and a race air filter so it needs to be remapped to compensate. Im not wasting my money i buy parts to make my bike lighter - faster and handle better. In my opinion you're wasting you're money buying parts for looks to pose down the pub. :)
Sorry I didn't say yours was standard did I?
Ok lighter and faster for the street? Then I could say your bragging,look at me I've got this on my bike,hey it's got 10 bhp more than standard,sorry I'll take my posing down the pub,but mind you I dont pose don't the pub,I'm more your local skate park kinda guy,even Tescos if I'm feeling brave. But hey,I wasn't being funny,it's just an opinion.

So your saying BMW have set the fuelling up wrong and getting this makes the world of difference?

Sorry dont take what im saying wrong, I didnt say this makes the world of difference I posted a video up that helps people fit a power commander.

Sorry I didn't say yours was standard did I?

No but ......
So your saying BMW have set the fuelling up wrong
I didnt say they set the fuelling up wrong i said that as i have modified my bike i have set the fuelling to compensate. On a S1000RR with the cat still fitted i would agree this is a waste of money.

andybarsblade link=topic=466.msg8703#msg8703 date=1339274338 said:
So your saying BMW have set the fuelling up wrong and getting this makes the world of difference?

Sorry dont take what im saying wrong, I didnt say this makes the world of difference I posted a video up that helps people fit a power commander.
Not at all mate,but I'm shit scared on mine and it's standard lol and if it helps someone,then all good,put it this way,if I did get one,then this video would help. There,all good :) now fist bump he he.

Latest posts

Back