S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian R

Reaction score
Hello guys,

Just registered here, Took delivery of my new S1000RR M in March after nearly a year waiting, it sat in the garage for a few weeks while I was working. First time I saw it I was welcomed to a flat battery and a puddle of brake fluid on the front wheel...

Got it back now with a pair of new callipers and a new battery fitted so looking forward to finally getting a run on it and hopefully no more issues.

Ian

Hi ian, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new bike.

I am waiting for new calipers. When did yours get ordered/fitted, and which dealer?

Thanks. My bike went into the dealers on Tuesday past and I got it back with callipers done and new battery on Friday. Can?t complain about the service from John Clark in Aberdeen

Thanks. My bike went into the dealers on Tuesday past and I got it back with callipers done and new battery on Friday. Can?t complain about the service from John Clark in Aberdeen

wow. I have been waiting since mid Feb for replacement calipers....

That?s not good, I?m sure they said it wasn?t something they stocked but could get from BMW quickly.

Welcome Ian...glad ur got ur brakes sorted...sounds like other dealers need to buck their ideas up!
What bikes have u had previously? Any nice plans for the Gen4?

Welcome Ian...glad ur got ur brakes sorted...sounds like other dealers need to buck their ideas up!
What bikes have u had previously? Any nice plans for the Gen4?

Thanks Marc, yes hopefully that?s the brakes ok now. They also threw in a trickle charger so shouldn?t be any more battery issues either. I?ve got a Monster 1200S and an R1 which I was planning trading in for the S1000 but i like it too much so struggling to bring myself to sell it. I?m waiting on a few Evotech items, tail tidy, crash protection etc and trying to decide what exhaust to get. Spent the weekend watching YouTube clips but still can?t make a decision.

A belated welcome to the forum Ian!

Glad to hear you received good service from your dealer in Aberdeen, though am sorry to hear you had the leaking brake issue with your Gen 4.

What have been your favourite experiences onboard your Monster and R1?

Evotech make very good quality products.
Are you planning on a slip-on or full system exhaust?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji846]

Thanks Oli, Yes Evotech products are great, I?ve used them for a long time on all my bikes. The R1 is an amazing bike, so easy to ride fast and fills you with confidence. I did the NC500 on it a couple years ago and it rained the whole time and still felt great. The Monster replaced an 1199 Panigale I had, I fancied a change from sports bike and its comfier for the wife to get on the back.

Cant decide on the exhaust for the Bmw, I really prefer the look of the full Akra titanium, the larger end can suits the bike better In my opinion but don?t want the hassle of engine lights coming on or having ecu tuning done. The Ducati?s I?ve had come with an upmap Kit so are plug and play so leaning more towards the SC or Akra end can

Latest posts

Back