Cant get my bike to start.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMD6319

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all

I took my bike to Portimao last November. I tried to start it the first day, it coughed and spluttered and failed to fire up.
I thought fuel starvation so took the tank off and checked the pump. The filter sack had split and there was some crud in the tank, so i put it down to injectors blocked.
Got it home sent the injectors away for cleaning, the spread sheet showed minor cleaning required. Changed the fuel pump, thought a new battery would help. Still not going.
Gave it to a experienced mechanic, the fault stated throttle bodies, changed but still not going.

Any ideas where i should focus my attentions to know. The mechanic said i would be better to strip it down and sell the parts.
It has been a great bike, so want it sorted.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Interesting....

Ok so has every part of the fuel system been inspected and cleaned?

- Alex

Hi Alex,
What else of the fueling system should i look at. Ive just though at this moment in time, i remember a guy had issues getting his bike running, it was being starved of air. Could i have some kind of air blockage. Doubt it but I'm brain storming.
Interesting....

Ok so has every part of the fuel system been inspected and cleaned?

- Alex

Last edited:
I assume the RR engine has a Fuel Pressure Regulator, could anything be stuck in it?

When it splutters, can you give some more specifics or a video of what it does? (Battery fully charged)

I bought a new battery, thinking it might not be giving the full initialisation of the fuel pump and all other priming aspects.
I starts now, but won't rev up. Its currently at the mechanics workshop, 30mins away. I will try and get over tomorrow and get a video caption.
Now that a different throttle bodies are installed, do i need to get it reprogrammed so the ECU recognises the different cables ETC.
Cheers Alex for your help.

OK yes it would make sense the TPS needs configuring by BMW or a GS911 owner....

Ok Alex,
thanks for your time and effort in helping me. Much appreciated. I will try and locate a local dealer than can help.
Big thanks

Latest posts

Back