Full akrapovic exhaust noise

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris b

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone run a full titanium akra system on a 2015 s1000rr and can advise if this will ping the drive by at donington on a quiet day and fail static at oulton? Iv not got a dB killer
cheers

It will be boarderline without the dbKiller. Trust me, fitting one won't restrain that beast of a motor!

- Alex

Akrapovič

I have a full Akrapovič system on my 2015 S1000RR and from experience you will need to fit a baffle on a quiet day at Donington Park.

Akrapovič Baffle

The Akrapovič part number for the baffle you need is V-TUV108. For the sake of ?50 it is well worth investing in one as UK trackday noise testing is getting stricter every season.

Re: Akrapovič Baffle

The Akrapovič part number for the baffle you need is V-TUV108. For the sake of ?50 it is well worth investing in one as UK trackday noise testing is getting stricter every season.

One of the reasons to actually dump UK track days for EU ones.

Trackdays

One of the reasons to actually dump UK track days for EU ones.

Not really. We still have some of the best circuits in Europe within the UK. It?s only noise testing at the end of the day and ultimately it doesn?t really matter if your exhaust is 2 or 3 dB quieter just because you have a baffle fitted.

Cheers for the reply’s, I only do a few uk days a year now so wouldn’t use it a great deal but if it’s possible to fail then I will order one now.

In the last couple of years councils have been more stringent with noise checks at tracks due to the complaints by locals (why buy a house near a track and complain about noise?). Enforcement has caught a lot of track operators out with equipment that was previously inaccurate, hence the incease in riders having noise test issues that were previously ok.

I would like it if I could buy a bigger end can for the Akro pipes for the more stringent circuits. The OEM's and system makers need to get on top of this as they won't change the rules set by the councils.

I can commission one from MHP etc but you'd think there would be an off the peg option.

Latest posts

Back