BvG selling his s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201712152069439
imagepng

Last edited:
I guess so although regardless of what you think of the paint job it looks like its got a lot of Ilmberger carbon on it (not cheap) and a full akra system on top of its high standard spec so ?22k before you haggle probably isn't that ridiculous?

The bike has never been on track as it wasn't actually owned by BVG he designed the bike for Bahnstormer and they let him use it for videos which intern generated exposure for Bahnstormer

That HP4 BvGs got (he's the U tuber) is a road legal track hack but that was 6 grand damaged plus ?2k to fix it I think? The Sthou in the pics is a show bike, if you can get a mint 600 mile '17 S1K with forged wheels, full Ilmberger carbon and akra system for ?15k there'll be a lot of people on here wondering where they went wrong.. :)

?6k damaged, really? Seems too cheap that. even straight salvage it would break down as far more than that and from what I can recall the damage was cosmetic.

I didnt know it wasnt his bike, but odd selling the plate with it?

?6k damaged, really? Seems too cheap that. even straight salvage it would break down as far more than that and from what I can recall the damage was cosmetic.

I didnt know it wasnt his bike, but odd selling the plate with it?

Yea ?6K is correct, I think from memory it was a Category C write-off. It was a ridiculous good deal though!

?22k is a joke

I don?t think ?22 K is ?that? unreasonable.

Brand new, the bike would be ?17 ish K with the forged wheels, then you add 2,5 K for the custom wheel paint, plus another couple grand for the custom paint job, plus the HP levers and rearsets, plus the illmberger carbon and then the Akrapovic full racing system.

From memory, the custom paint work in particular and then the mods really add up

Last edited:
Its a lot for a 2nd hand bike. You can get low miles 16 plate bikes for ?12k and change last time I looked on autotrader, so thats a ?10k premium more or less.

Fair point, though it is a 17 MY bike, will be interesting to see what it goes for in the end.

I believe BvG has sold his R1M now too! Would be curious to know what that went for as it was a very high-spec example

Last edited:
6k its a scrapper then, tarted up then selling on the back of his u tube exploits more the fool who buys it

In my mind there was nothing majorly wrong with the bike, so ?6K to purchase and a couple grand to repair to a reasonable standard was a very good purchase for him IMO.
I have no idea what the re-sale value of that HP4 carbon would be though.

yes Oli but you ever get your cash back, some stockers cost 25k to do sell 1 year later for 16 k

This is very true and in retrospect I am starting to agree with Felix, yourself and others who think it?s over-priced. It is certainly a lot of money.
However, in the bikes defence, it has literally just been run in, it?s been used only for publicity miles and is a fully dealer supported unique build. The fact that it?s high-spec and inherently somewhat special has to be worth something. I?m sure there are some loyal fans of his who?ll likely pay near to the asking price.
Time will tell though [emoji846]

In my mind there was nothing majorly wrong with the bike, so ?6K to purchase and a couple grand to repair to a reasonable standard was a very good purchase for him IMO.
I have no idea what the re-sale value of that HP4 carbon would be though.

This is very true and in retrospect I am starting to agree with Felix, yourself and others who think it’s over-priced. It is certainly a lot of money.
However, in the bikes defence, it has literally just been run in, it’s been used only for publicity miles and is a fully dealer supported unique build. The fact that it’s high-spec and inherently somewhat special has to be worth something. I’m sure there are some loyal fans of his who’ll likely pay near to the asking price.
Time will tell though [emoji846]

His hp4 is probably worth about 11k, at the end of the day it's registered as a cat c

The s1k is a lovely looking bike with loads of spec but it is not worth no were near 22k, everyone knows that no matter how much you spend on extras you lose most of that in resale value. All it does is make it more desirable to purchase than any equivalent similar spec bike. It's probably worth about 18k imo.

It?s a good job I?m not a bike salesman as I reckon I?d be overvaluing bikes left, right and centre lol.
Just like bikes too much!

Considering its registered I assume the VAT is paid, therefore it lost 20% value when it rolled out the door. The great paint job and trimmings are nice but in reality worth about ?1000 over a normal bike. So to my mine its value is no more than 16k.
His HP4C probably 10-12 but its going to be hard to shift with CatC against it. Might be easier to break it and sell the parts.

- Sent from a magical lightbox

being a cat c takes value from it

BvG?s HP4 Carbon is a Cat C, the bike for sale is a pre-owned (not sure exactly what it?s classed as) 2017 MY S1000RR with the aforementioned mods.
Since this thread has developed, I?ve since realised that the ?22 K asking price is over-valuing the bike

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back