Front Brake Driving me mad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have the same problem with my 16 plate RR. Have replaced the pads and the fluid and had it bled correctly (both master cylinder and calliper bleeds) amd BMW connected it to they're special ABS calibration/ bleed machine.

There was a slight improvement but still notable more lever travel than when I first had the bike.

BMW are not sure why this is and have themselves said it is more lever travel than normal.

The brakes work a treat once they bite and I've also had to adjust my riding style to take this into account.

Thinking of fitting the new Brembo RCS master cylinder and seeing if that improves things.

TBH though, I can live with the work around at the mo.

The bike will still lift its rear braking hard enough at speed with one finger (in user mode!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Finally, did you changes the m/c? What about it after change? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

Finally, did you changes the m/c? What about it after change? Thanks.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

No I haven?t got around to changing the M/C as yet but it?s still on the cards for this year.

I?ve got a new set of Brembo fast road/track pads to try as well (SC compound) so will see if that improves things any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back