Brembo M50 Caliper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only issue I've had with my OEM brakes is an apparent increase in lever travel.

I've had it back into BM and they confirmed it was more than is usual, so they replaced the fluid, put in new pads and bled the system properly on their ABS bleed system thingy and there is still no real improvement and the notable increase in lever travel before the bite remains.

I was considering the HP4 or M50 upgrade as I have them on my other bikes, but as everyone has said in here, the standard callipers and once they bite, the breaking performance is immense, so couldn't justify replacing them really (apart from the bling aspect of tastier Ines of course!)

To that end, I'm going to have a go with the new RCS master cylinder and see if that improves things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only issue I've had with my OEM brakes is an apparent increase in lever travel.

I've had it back into BM and they confirmed it was more than is usual, so they replaced the fluid, put in new pads and bled the system properly on their ABS bleed system thingy and there is still no real improvement and the notable increase in lever travel before the bite remains.

I was considering the HP4 or M50 upgrade as I have them on my other bikes, but as everyone has said in here, the standard callipers and once they bite, the breaking performance is immense, so couldn't justify replacing them really (apart from the bling aspect of tastier Ines of course!)

To that end, I'm going to have a go with the new RCS master cylinder and see if that improves things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On track I have found the same problem on lap 4 the lever starts getting closer to the bar, this is on new seals and brake fluid.

But I have found by lap 8-9 it doesn't get much worse so I'm not too concerned.

So as a road/track bike I'm not too worried but racing I would look at upgrading, but that's wishes and dreams for me.

Last edited:
https://www.asphaltandrubber.com/recall/brembo-brake-recall/

The issue stems from the Brembo?s popular PR16 radial master cylinder unit (the master cylinder that is often paired with the Brembo M50 calipers), which apparently can crack internally at the piston, which can then lead to front brake failure.

Cut and Paste from another site...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back