Tail bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penpals

Reaction score
I am going to do a boys tour of France in July but don't want to wear a rucksack. Anyone got ideas of a bag that will fit over the tail that would hold enough for 5 days? I was thinking of the Kriega US30 Dry bag.

Kriega are very good but 30L can be quite tight, depends on how much you want to take.

If you think that would be limiting I would recommend the GIVI XS305 which is 60L in capacity.
http://www.givi.co.uk/soft-bags/Tail Bags/XS305

It works well but is a little cumbersome to get on and off when fully loaded. Just be sure to protect your tail unit paint from rubbing.

Last edited:
I've used the Kriega 40 (20+10+10) for a 4 day trip which was fine.
I'm about to head to Germany for 5 days and will just have to keep what I take to an absolute minimum.
The best thing is that they are 100% waterproof, great quality, and pretty adaptable (I've just picked up the tank adapter for on of my 10s).

The Kriega 40 sounds a good option. Out of interest is it difficult to fit as the last thing I want is it moving about on the motorways? When I finish the France trip heading into Germany for some autobahn experience and don't want any disturbance at speed!

I went to Norfolk with them on a 2012 RR and to Wales on a Blade, from SE London.
I've had to fork out for the pillion seat to securely attach them, and I'm putting a non slip under to protect the paintwork.
The straps can be pulled in really tight, so I just check / tighten them when I stop for fuel.

I went to Norfolk with them on a 2012 RR and to Wales on a Blade, from SE London.
I've had to fork out for the pillion seat to securely attach them, and I'm putting a non slip under to protect the paintwork.
The straps can be pulled in really tight, so I just check / tighten them when I stop for fuel.
I've also used Kriega on my fireblade for quite a few trips. I've had a look under the cowl of my 15 and there doesn't seem to be 4 good attachment points for the straps. Could you possibly put a photo up and a description of where and how you mount them. Cheers.

I've used the BMW tail bag specifically for the S1000rr, it connects onto the frame under the seat and then a strap goes under the rear cowl at your number plate. I did a two week tour to Poland and I've used it twice to the TT for a fortnight, I don't camp as I have a triple back fracture but it's been big enough for using BandB's and hotels. It is waterproof and has expandable pockets on the sides, I also have BMW tank bag which clips onto a metal frame, connected by three bolts, well designed and has a quick release.

Here's what I use , think it's 33 litres suits me for 4 days so with some female grade packing I'm sure 5 can be done .
Just don't make the mistake I made and assume they are water proof , I found out the hard way after a 400 mile ride 200 of which was in absolute wet misery , get to B and B open box up and that ruined me . Absolutely soaked . Lesson learnt .
526E7942-C814-44E3-AD19-20C5F8F79953_zps6cg8aszr.jpg

What do you lot take? I did 10 days in France/Spain with a Kriega 30 and I could get away with less if I was being strict

I got by for the last 5 days with a 25 Litre BMW Tail Bag but didn't need to take waterproofs as wore textiles

Here's what I use , think it's 33 litres suits me for 4 days so with some female grade packing I'm sure 5 can be done .
Just don't make the mistake I made and assume they are water proof , I found out the hard way after a 400 mile ride 200 of which was in absolute wet misery , get to B and B open box up and that ruined me . Absolutely soaked . Lesson learnt .
526E7942-C814-44E3-AD19-20C5F8F79953_zps6cg8aszr.jpg
would you have pics and details how the rack is fitted thanks

Latest posts

Back