hi and help

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simon d

Reaction score
i have a black 2012 s 1000 with a problem my dealer is struggling to rectify. When the bike is being ridden at high speed say 130 mph upwards and i change down gear i loose all gearing and cannot get the bike into gear until i slow down to approximately 50 mph. I also loose all the dash it just goes blank every thing like the bikes ignition is not on. could any one on this forum please help. cheers in advance

I sometimes loose the gear indicator when going into neutral, but just have to give it a nudge. Sounds like yours will be a warranty job!

ive had a similar thing when changing up at speed, dealer stated it was me not pushing hard enoght on the lever?

I also had a similar problem on an old GSXR750 k9, it turned out to be the battery connection was slightly loose, vibration would only come in a high revs it would cut all the dash and felt like it had lost all power. :-\

phil link=topic=1275.msg12271#msg12271 date=1345622718 said:
Hello and welcome Simon, has the dealer fixed it yet?

No the dealer is very slow n frustrating to be honest. I do not actually believe they think this fault is occurring as they keep saying no other bike has this fault. :(

Is it an intermittent fault? Or can it be replicated on demand?
Thought about videoing the fault? Does the dealer have access to a dyno (long shot I know).

Godzilla link=topic=1275.msg12481#msg12481 date=1346055826 said:
Is it an intermittent fault? Or can it be replicated on demand?
Thought about videoing the fault? Does the dealer have access to a dyno (long shot I know).
Can pretty much replicate it above 120 mph ish. My next step is to video it at my next track day.The dealer is now saying bmw are coming back to them tomorrow with an answer to sorting the problem out and the vibe the dealer is getting from bmw is that they are aware of this problem ? lets hope so an move forward cos i think the bike in every other respect is excellent. cheers

Latest posts

Back