New Bmw

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damo

Reaction score
Well hello everyone, i am new to the forum and in the process of changing bikes from a 2010 blad to either an 11 or 12 bmw s1000rr. I have ridden three S1000rr and they were all so different so i am still a little confused as to what model to get. I would love some advise from someone more experienced for sure. I rode two 12 plates and an 11 plate. One of the 12 plates was noticeably faster than the other two but one was the same as the 11 plate. Of course i only had half hour on each bike so would love someone to advise if the 12 plate has significantly mor midrange power. Midrange power would be the only reason i would spend the extra cash. I can get an 11 plate in bmw colors with 1900 miles for £8800. Could any guys with experienc on both chime in maybe. Any way once again hello all and happy riding . Ps my forum name was meant to be turtle but i mucked it up, any tips how to change it ? lol

Welcome Tutle,

are you sure the 3 bikes you rode were in the same Mode?

That 11 plate for £8800 is a bargain mate, well worth the dosh, go buy ;)

We already have a Turtle on here so your outta luck mate... ;D

Yeah mate they were all in the same mode, the demo bike from bahnstomers in Alton is ballistically fast however vibrated so so bad. I have jumped on the 11 plate and pick it up on friday !! Dam i love this feeling. I will now proceed to drive my wife crazy for days telling her about every possible spec on the s1000rr so by friday she will be an expert !!

Welcome to the forum buddy, sounds like u got a steal on that 11 plate.

Ride safe.

hi and welcome to the forum

hope you enjoy it here

as for name change you would have to send me a pm with what name you would like

as for TURTLE you have no chance sorry lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome in.

If it's a little more poke your after, this months performance bike (I think) recommends going up one tooth on the rear to 45 which matches the 2012.

turtle link=topic=1045.msg9595#msg9595 date=1340824704 said:
hi and welcome to the forum

hope you enjoy it here

as for name change you would have to send me a pm with what name you would like

HAha what are the chances, i shall think of a waaaaaaaaaaaay better one ! lol

as for TURTLE you have no chance sorry lol

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Welcome aboard
Seems weird there was such a difference between the bikes , there shouldn't be
Got an 11 model myself
Had a whizz on an early 10 plate that seed to spin up quicker than mine

DangerousDave link=topic=1045.msg9598#msg9598 date=1340825892 said:
Welcome in.

If it's a little more poke your after, this months performance bike (I think) recommends going up one tooth on the rear to 45 which matches the 2012.

Dave - are you saying that this is the diff between the 2012 and earlier models?

Genuine question, just interested to know

Thanks Bob, not sure I needed to know what does you (best kept to yourself) - but hey, if it works for you.

;D ;D ;D

Ok went with my heart and picked up a brand new 2012 mtorsport with heated grips, i just got back from putting it's first thirty miles on it :))))))))))))))

Paul after talking with you my mind was set and i have to say this is one of the best decisions i have made to date. The bike is truly awesome. My next big decision is what system to put on it, i want the most power, least weight at a competitive price with and awesome sound. I've read some and am liking Austin racing so far. The Akrow shorty doesn't have a baffle.

Damien

I was gonna get a austin racing but was put off by a few on here saying the quality was not all that, Rich who runs austin racing is a great bloke and is always ready to answer any question but like i say i was put off. I have a taylor made which looks and sounds the nuts gives 8hp in midrange but not much at top end, which is no major problem seeing how much we have to start with ;D.
I personally can't comment on austin racing products so maybe worth asking a few on here that have had them.

If its power you want the the akra race evolution system is the way to go, ti for lightness, just add a power commander simples ;). Fit & finnish is second to none, did mine in a morning, comes with a baffle, but i guarantee you'll love the pops from the gear change so much you won't fit it!!! ;D ;D

the power argument akra vs AR isa mute point , there no difference from the dyno readings i saw anyhow
its just the finish , though to be fair the AR certainly isnt as bad as it was a while back ( ive replaced my GP can with a newer version)

Its all about the ££££££ , plain and simple
you cant expect them to be the same or they'd cost the same surely

I have to say that the personal touch goes a long way, Rich at AR has always been helpful, always replied to my emails and always phoned me back when busy. I bought mine in 2011 for my 2010 and feel the finish is good. As stated, if money no object then skys the limit, you pay a lot more for the name. Who knows, AR may be twice the price when he gets famous !

Latest posts

Back