Yes, another prospective S1000RR Owner - Advice welcome

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beowulf

Reaction score
Hi, after riding for many years first on a VFR750FV, then a VTR1000 and finally on a VTR1000 SP1 I thought I would try the gorgeous and only superbike from BMW. I am looking for a 2010 with around 30K miles as my budget is below 7K. I will start to rumage around the forum seeking what to look for when buying the early model but if there is any pointers anyone can give me I would be grateful. Cheers, Paul

These things do hold their money ridiculously well it seems - a quick check of bike trader finds only 1 bike under 7.5k...
You may need to think about auctions/stolen recovered.

But I hope you find something - the VTR1000 SP2 is what made me want to get into biking, still never ridden one lol...must find one to have a go on.

Hi Paul,

Welcome to the forum. If you find any potential bikes out there may be worth asking here is it was a member's bike? Good luck with your search.

Hi, after riding for many years first on a VFR750FV, then a VTR1000 and finally on a VTR1000 SP1 I thought I would try the gorgeous and only superbike from BMW. I am looking for a 2010 with around 30K miles as my budget is below 7K. I will start to rumage around the forum seeking what to look for when buying the early model but if there is any pointers anyone can give me I would be grateful. Cheers, Paul

Welcome to the forum Paul, I have a VFR 750, Briliant bikes!

I've seen this bike on eBay from a dealer. I know it's above your budget but it seems a nice bike with much lower mileage than you were anticipating.

Welcome to the forum Paul, I have a VFR 750, Briliant bikes!

I've seen this bike on eBay from a dealer. I know it's above your budget but it seems a nice bike with much lower mileage than you were anticipating.

Don't know what happened last time, I must be pushing the buttons all wrong on this forum! What I said was bear in mind that is not a Sport, I'm not fully aware of the differences but if you want what a Sport has this may not be for you.

Fingers crossed the bike mentioned abouve "the only one on autotrader below 7.5K" is a good machine because ive just purchased it :)

Welcome to the site - I would have thought there would be still be a few bargains to be had as its still not the best weather out there. I guess its getting closer to spring so prices will move up. Good luck with the search.

Welcome to the forum. As previously mentioned with regards to the Honda sp, I've had my SP2 for 11 years, and will not consider parting company with the bike.
The BMW, is a quality purchase, and there is deals to be had. I purchased mine last year, 2011 model, with full arrows titanium exhaust, HM quick shifter, bazzaz Ecu, ohlins front forks, PP rearsets, new gear box, ohlins rear shock. With V5. Purchase price under ?6300.

You will freak out with the transformation from the Honda.
What I will point out, high mileage, some have gearbox concerns. 30k miles on the clock, ride before purchase.
All the best

Latest posts

Back