Yamaha R1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
I see BvG's been a bit lukewarm on the R1M as a road bike in his latest blogs and even MCN conceeded the S1000RR was the best road superbike while awarding the '15 R1 the top prize. I haven't got round to riding one yet, has anyone on here test ridden a '15 R1? How do they compare to a '15RR? I've no intention of changing, just interested to hear views.

For road use,the s1000rr is much better.
The R1 I tried had a very snatchy throttle(in all modes)at low speed,making it awkward in traffic.Also,first gear is too high(definitely benefit from a sprocket change).However,on the open road it's really smooth and easy to ride,the electronics are superb,gearbox/quickshifter are slick(shame they don't fit the downshift blipper) and to top it off-it sounds gorgeous!.Nice dash too-much better than bmw.

Nice to hear some feedback on it. I have to say that the R1, RSV4 and S1000RR are all in the shop window for me when I change. The other 2 do sound amazing...

Ive got an r1 (not a 2015) but an a member on the r1 forum. A few of us do track days together and 2 guys have the new one. From what ive seen (normally the back) the new one is quick , very quick. I was never a lover of the 14b , looked wrong and needed plenty of money thrown at it , sussies , linkage etc and was lacking grunt. The new one is slimmer much better electronics and is going quick pretty much out the box. Unlike most im not a lover of the cross plane sound track , a bit yo v twin for my liking but thats a personal choice. I was in the situation in june to buy one and nearly did but i couldnt see 6k difference between the r1 and the 2014 bmw i ended up buying

Ill be demo the r1 this week if poss coming off zx10 , but can't see anything beating 2015 s1000 wen I rode my pals defo best road bike I've rode . Power delivery etc most other bikes power all top end lately .

Back