X Spirit III

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny130

Reaction score
Need a new lid as had the old one 6 years now. Like to try to buy the best i can afford and have just found a cracking deal on a X-spirit 3. Does anyone that has one or tried one give any feedback??

Have you already tried one on to see if it fits you properly? Cos if it doesn't there's no point buying it even if it is a bargain

I'm off to Infinity tomorrow to try one by coincidence.

Benny - what's the cracking deal????

The X-Spirit is a full on race helmet, and noisy because of it. I was warned off it for touring, by Infinity...but then I made a big deal about noise.

If you buy online, make sure there is a returns policy, test it indoors and make sure you can wear it for 30mins without anything but even pressure.

Helmets should be a tight fit (oo-er ;) ) but not an uncomfortable one.

I have seen one for ?550 but can get 15% off making it ?467.49!!

My last lid was shoei so im guessing the same size would be the same fit?

Ive narrowed it down to 2. Either the x spirit or a gt- air. GT aid is a smidge cheaper. Most of the riding I will be doing is on the road but my thoughts are buy the best you can and the xspirit is their top of the range lid.

Last edited:
Doesn't work like that mate, I've got a Large Arai Tour X4 thats fits fine but the RX7 doesn't, just nip into a place that sells them and try one on.

I'm off to Infinity tomorrow to try one by coincidence.

Benny - what's the cracking deal????

Looks like Get Geared in Leeds have them for ?550, good shop that, they'll do a deal if you ask nicely too

Doesn't work like that mate, I've got a Large Arai Tour X4 thats fits fine but the RX7 doesn't, just nip into a place that sells them and try one on.

Defo what MacRR says ^^^. That's why I'm off to try one on, I have a Shoei (actually 2 but one is an old spare/pillion) and the sizing is all different.

Best nip down there then i guess and try. They have a branch in leatherhead which is just down the road from work!

Is the price quoted for the painted one, I think it's Assail.

I've got an X-Spirit 2 and love it, but I'd probably go for the NXR over the X-Spirit 3 for my next helmet, purely for a quieter helmet. Although at that price it would be hard to turn down the X-Spirit 3.

Sooo - going back to the original question - has anyone ridden with an X spirit 3?? And what did you think?? I've got an X Spirit 2 and love it, best lid I've ever had. I need a new one and was going towards the GT Air as the Spirit 3 is very track focused.

Sooo - going back to the original question - has anyone ridden with an X spirit 3?? And what did you think?? I've got an X Spirit 2 and love it, best lid I've ever had. I need a new one and was going towards the GT Air as the Spirit 3 is very track focused.

Exactly my predicament!

Definitely try it on Benny. I changed from the XR1100 which was a brilliant fit for me. Went for exactly the same size in the X-Spirit and it didn't fit. Much slacker and constantly slipping down my forehead obstructing vision when tucked in. Not too bad on the road but horrendous on track. I'm going to take it into a Shoei dealer to ge the padding changed.

They put the price up by ?100 before i could go and try it so i gave it a miss so no help sorry

Sorry to hi-jack but looking for a clear visor for x-spirit II if any available?

Oh, and Stevie Mac, I had a similar problem racing, bought some of that anti-slip mat usually used for car dashes to stop things sliding around etc, cut to fit and hey presto, sorted !!

Last edited:
Back